Chapter Twenty-Eight: Unknown

I must have fallen asleep like Kianna. When I woke up, it was bright daylight and Kianna was still fast asleep. It was nice to see her so peaceful after many months of hard fighting. Then it was like something struck my head. I had a sudden revelation that was shocking and not surprising at the same time. I stood up carefully to not wake her and walked out of the clearing. I made my way to the complex and walked inside, making my way to the War Room. I leaned over the dozens of maps and looked up our homeworld. The universe of Ea came up, and I looked at Arda for a few minutes, looking at the lush greenery of Middle-Earth.

"Oh, hello Legolas," Rowan Khanna said as she walked in. The same conflict was at the back of my mind. I wondered whether or not to share it with her. Rowan noticed.

"Something on your mind?" My mind warred and then I decided.

"Yes," I replied.

"Well?" Rowan asked in a very patient way.

"I believe I'm in love with Kianna," I said before I could change my mind. Rowan's eyebrows rose, and for a second I wondered if I had made a mistake.

"In love with Kianna, huh? This is new," she said. "And she doesn't know?" I shook my head.

"Hmm. Well I'd say... keep it quiet, and you'll know when to say something," Rowan advised. "When in doubt, go with your instincts." I nodded. I figured I needed the advice, because the last time this happened with Tauriel, it failed, I lost her, and I'd not been the best person. I didn't want to lose Kianna. Rowan smiled reassuringly as if reading my thoughts.

"Don't worry," she said. "Kianna's a good person. If she isn't interested in you the same way you are in her, she'll let you down quite gently." I'm not sure that helped, but I nodded and resolved to follow her advice.