Chapter Three: Losses at the Ministry

It smelled of burnt sugar. More Everblaze. I could tell that this fire had been burning long, though. I raced through the fire, covered in ice, to the elevator. It was broken. I groaned with despair. I looked at the tall ceiling above. Hermione's office was on the level above. I steadied myself, then Force-jumped high, Phased through the ceiling, and landed on the floor on my back, almost knocking the wind out of me. I jumped up instantly. Jeez. Maybe I should improve that. I thought, running through the Everblaze above. I ran into Hermione's office, and sure enough, she was there. Dead. Burning.

"No!" I yelled. She wasn't the only one there. I ran to the other two bodies and lurched back in shock. Harry and Ron.

"No, no, no, NO! WHY?" I screamed, immediately coughing afterward. I've gotta get out of here. I thought and backed away from the burning bodies of my friends. Ginny. I thought, teleporting to the portal room. I practically careened through the door to the Potters' house, ignoring Rowan's question, and almost knocked down the door with my knocking. It took a couple of seconds to realize that it wasn't burning. Huh? I was super confused, but I guess that with the Potter children at Hogwarts and Harry himself at the Ministry, they wouldn't bother with the house. I thanked the gods for that. Ginny answered the door.

"Kianna!" she exclaimed, hugging me. "Is Harry all right? Is Albus okay? What about James? Or Lily?"

"Albus, James, and Lily are all safe. We have a hideout that we're using. Ginny, about Harry..." I trailed off, hanging my head. Ginny's hands went to her mouth, and she gasped.

"No, no, no, this is a nightmare, it has to be," she whispered. "What about Ron and Hermione? Are they safe?" I opened my mouth to say something, but no words came out. Tears spilled out of Ginny's eyes, and tears leaked from my eyes as well. All we could do was hug and hope it wasn't real.

"Can I... see... them?" Ginny asked in between her sobs. I nodded, not trusting myself to speak. I gripped her hand and Rowan did the rest, teleporting us to the portal room. As Ginny was reunited with her children, I walked up to Rowan.

"Where are you going next?" she asked.

"The demigod camps and Mount Olympus. I need to see that they're all right," I responded. "Considering the fact that Everblaze was somehow in Hogwarts and the Ministry, this could be a literal universal problem."

"Okay," Rowan said tentatively. "I just hope they're not burning too."

***********************************************************************************************

Hello again (for the third time today)! Sorry for the slight cliffhanger, but it's satisfying!

-KS