Chapter 11: Wellspring Cave

Harper woke up to the sound of screaming. One of the schoolgirls ran into the classroom they were sleeping in. She looked extremely distressed and charged around the room like demented bunny rabbit. Harper approached her to calm her down, but nothing was working. Something so horrible had happened to this child it was impossible to settle her down.

"What is it?" Harper gently asked the girl in a mothering tone. "What's your name?"

"Willow," she replied.

"That's a pretty name," Harper complemented kindly. "What's caused you to be so distressed?"

"They kidnapped my Pokémon!" she cried. "I was walking one day to school and some men in weird uniforms approached me. Their uniforms had a giant 'P' on them. They told me to hand over my Pokémon. I was walking my Pokémon at the time. I did as I was told, handing them my poor Pokémon. And then they dashed off with it. I'm not too sure where they went, but I heard someone say they were heading to a cave."

"Isn't there a cave nearby?" Brandon asked. "We should help her out."

"I agree," said Pedro. "It would be awful to have your Pokémon stolen. Stealing is a crime and should be punished. Where are the police when you need them?"

"I don't know, but we should help Willow before those naughty Team Plasma members can escape!" Brandon further spoke.

"What are we waiting for?" said Harper, "let's get a move on!"

They ran as quick as they could, like a stallion running through the prairie with its owner on its back. Going westwards, there was another path going south halfway. But they decided to explore that path later. Trainers tried to challenge them along the way but when they saw Harper and her friends were in a rush, they decided to challenge someone else. Willow followed from behind, still sopping from having her Pokémon stolen.

They soon got to the Wellspring Cave. Outside there was equipment that Team Plasma had lazily left as they rushed towards the forsaken cave. Brandon, who had experience with this stuff, looked at it for a bit – he was a bit of the computer geek. He stared at it for a bit before standing up again.

"No idea what this is but it seems like some brainwashing machine. No idea what wicked thing Team Plasma is planning to do with this?" he replied.

"Let's go further in the cave. Keep hold of your balls, since we'll need them," Harper said. "It's certain that these thiefs won't go down without a fight. Keep speed everyone!"

So, they entered further into the cave. They could hear water, with drops dripping constantly like a drummer hitting a drum constantly. Unlike a drummer, the water trips had no rhythm – going whenever it wanted without fear of consequences. They soon came to where the Team Plasma members were, near the underground lake, examining the stolen Pokémon.

"What do you think you're doing, you stupid little punks!" said one of them.

"Ah tykes, getaway!" said the other.

"You think you can get away with stealing a Pokémon from this poor and defenceless girl!" yelled Harper with anger that it felt like the room was shaking like it was in an earthquake – but this was only in Harper's mind so it didn't actually at all. "Give it back or you will face us, you imprudent felonious froth!"

"Never!" said the first Team Plasma member.

"We'll face you then!" said the other. "And we'll win since we've the best Pokémon in the world!"

"We'll see about that," Harper said while taking out one of her balls. "Tepig, I choose you!" Out of its ball came Harper's green Tepig. Even more steam than usual came out of its nose – it was really mad at what Team Plasma were doing and wanted punish them.