Chapter 23: Grand Theft Pokémon

The next day they woke up early. Harper was eager to get to the desert in the morning. They hoped to travel through it for most of the day, so, that by the end of it they would have arrived at the desert resort by the late afternoon. Hopefully, then they could meet Maximus Davis before moving on to the next town. Harper heard that it was a theme park town with lots of rides, specifically a gigantic Farris Wheel. Harper couldn't wait to go on that ride – it sounded very exciting. She also hoped there was a helter-skelter too.

Harper started searching through her things and notice something incredibly terrible. She looked through her bag but could not find it. She started to panic but then realized she could have kept them in her pockets. So, she looked through the picket of her paints and luckily found two, but the rest were not there.

"Oh no!" said Harper in disgust. "This can't be happening to me?"

"What is happening to you?" asked Pedro. His pathetic eyes stared back at Harper, but she couldn't look back at him because she just did not like him anymore. They were going through a rough stage, and she did not know how to cope with it at the current moment. She was really annoyed at him for asking so many questions at this moment of time.

"Just go away prick," she yelled in disgust. "Did you do this to me?"

"What do?" he said holding a cup of coffee. He had just woken up just as she had just done.

"It is all wrong," she said. "ALL MY POKÉMON EXCEPT TWO HAVE BEEN STOLEN!"

"They've been stolen?" he said bewildered. "Which Pokémon do you still have?"

"I still have my Tepig and Pansage," Harper said. "Those were the last Pokémon I used after battling Hector (I really hate those Team Rocket people, especially Toby!)."

"That is really bad," he said. "I should check to see if my Pokémon are still there?"

"I think that's a really good idea," replied Harper.

So, Pedro looked through his bad – which is not as big as Brandon's, because he is not a dork. Pedro searched fine and wide but couldn't find a single thing. He then investigated his pocket like Harper had done just a moment ago. He pooped out one Pokémon Ball.

"I think this is the only one left," he explained in anger. "It's my Mudkip."

"I can't stand this anymore. This is horrible. Why would someone do something like this to us? We are the good guys! We are the people that make things go the way they should go. I'm the heroine, and I shouldn't have my Pokémon stolen!" She yelled. Harper broke down and collapsed. Her stomach started to hurt, and she began to throw up. She couldn't take it any longer.

Brandon now rushed into the room. He looked like he was puffing and that he had run all around the city a few times too many. He was the last person she wanted to meet since he was incredibly annoying and got in the way all the time. He had his big backpack on, and he looked like a dork. He took it off and started to search through it.

"See!" he said in anguish. "Someone stole my Pokémon too!"

"So, we're not the only people to suffer from this problem," said Pedro. "Do you have Pokémon left?

"Only my Bulbasaur, but that was because it is in my pocket all the time," says Brandon.

"Same as me," said Pedro.

"And I was using my Pokémon that I still have," said Harper. "Let's go to the police station." So, they hurried to the police station on the other side of the city to report their stolen Pokémon. The police officer was rather nice, but he was no use. He couldn't do anything.

"Pokémon get stolen all the time, especially since Team Rocket and Team Plasma running everywhere and getting in big trouble with everyone," explained the police officer. "I'm sorry to tell you this but I think you'll have to catch new Pokémon."

This was what Harper was dreading the most. Not only did she work hard to catch all her Pokémon but she also spent a lot of time training them so they could be unbelievably powerful. They were strong enough to defeat any trainer that she came across. She was a very skilled trainer anyway and she was sure she could get together a new team of Pokémon. but it was not the same. She really liked her old Pokémon and she really wanted them back.

"So, is there anything you can do?" she asked.

"I'm sorry," he said. "You can put up a lost and found poster. If you wait a while someone will know something about it."

"I'm not going to wait!" screamed Harper in the furry of rage that boomed across the police station. "I want to get on to the next town and ride those rides but if I wait here nothing is going to happen!"

"I'm sorry but there's nothing I can do."

They decided to leave the station. As they were walking down the street Brandon stopped. "I forgot to mention something," he said. "I found a note in my backpack."

"What does it say?" asked Harper.

"Come on a ride and I will give you your Pokémon back," read Brandon after getting the note from his bag. "I wonder who that is."

"I don't care," said Harper. "We're crossing the desert and getting my Pokémon back! Nothing is standing in my way!"