Chapter 13: The Train Line Tournament

Finishing their energy drinks, Harper and her friend returned to the Pokémon centre. The nurse was there, but she looked rather sleepy – most likely caused by all the excitement over the free energy drinks. Harper careful and gently woke her up so that it didn't come as a shock or a surprise. She shot up and looked around like an owl, moving her head from one side to another. She then stared blankly at the three trainers. She shook her head before speaking, which was in a soft voice, like what someone would have after a hangover, but this wasn't a hangover since you obviously cannot get drunk on energy drinks.

"Oh? Hey? What's it?" she said puzzlingly. "What time is it?"

"Time you got a watch," Pedro said sarcastically, before smiling at the nurse just to tell her that he was only joking. "Sorry about that. It's almost quarter to ten in the evening."

"Wow," she said slightly dazed and a tiny bit confused. "Is it that late? I better do my job, which I do well. I'm good at my job. When I drink energy drinks it boosts my confidence unless I'm asleep... dozy... tired... I suck at my job. I'm not a vampire though if that's what you're thinking."

"We weren't saying you were a vampire," Brandon said, he too was slightly confused about the situation due to her statement. What did she mean by being a vampire? Was she trying to hide something?

"Just don't go dozing on us, not yet that is," Harper urged the nurse. "We need you to heal our Pokémon. They are hurt so it would be nice if you could do your job."

"Yes, yes, yes... um.... Yes," she said. "Hand me your Pokéballs." So, they did. They waited around for a bit while the nurse looked after their Pokéballs. And then a bell rang telling them that their Pokéballs had been healed. They paid some extra as well to have their Pokéballs clean since they had been holding them for some time which made them very grubby. Their Pokéballs needed a good clean. "See here," the nurse. "Your Pokéballs are like new again!"

"Thank you," said Harper as she approached the nurse to take her balls back.

"You're welcome," the nurse said.

"I'm grateful as well," said Pedro.

"Cool," the nurse said while looking at Pedro. Harper could tell that the nurse had the hot for the guy, so Harper had to put her in her place.

"That's my guy," she scorned.

"Oh sorry," said the nurse. "That won't happen ever again."

The nurse handed back their Pokéballs, and they headed back to the sleeping areas where trainers could go to rest for the night. It was rather busy with a few trainers looming about, talking to each other, trading stories about battles they had been involved with. Harper was very interested in what they were talking about, so she got closer to hear what they were talking about.

"I wanted to challenge my Timburr to the fullest amount. Even though battling other trainers did help, I wanted more," said one of the trainers. He was spinning his Pokéball on his finger like a basketball player would do during a game. "I went to the outer part of the Pinwheel Forest where I found the Challenger Rock which I used my Timburr Pokémon to hit it. From it came a Star Piece which I was able to sell at the Pokémart for $4900. If I keep going back there it will make me rick."

"Wow," said Harper to them astonished. "I'm too in need of money. Tell me how!"

"Well, you need a fighting-type Pokémon. There are plenty of Timburr which is a fighting-type Pokémon near the forest. Once you catch it, it will make things very easy. But the rules state that you have only one Star Piece a day."

"Cool," said Harper excited. "I will do that tomorrow, I'm sure of it." She couldn't wait for tomorrow. She knew she had a long journey ahead of her, so Harper knew to see needed cash. Getting a Star Piece would certainly help her in her travel.