The Origami Festival

It was a bright day in the Mushroom Kingdom but today was a special day today as it was the day of The Origami Festival.

Mario and his brother Luigi were riding on Luigi's Go Kart to Toad Town. They both had no idea what an 'Origami Festival' was but they were both excited to attend that festival.

"Isn't this great Bro? We're back on the road again together! And off to a festival of some kind."

Luigi was excited to go to this festival with his older brother Mario with all the things that normally happens in the Kingdom like Princess Peach being kidnapped by Bowser and Mario having to save her and the world being threatened in some way.

It was hard for them to just have normal day have a have fun together and this sounds like the perfect way for this to happen.

"What did that invatation say again? It said it was an Origami Festival right? I wonder what that would be like."

Luigi keeps his eyes on the road ahead making sure not to crash into anything.

"And I can't wait to say hello to Princess Peach again it's been awhile."

Mario nods as Luigi's Go Kart speeds up and heads towards Toad Town for The Origami Festival.

-<........>-

They drive into Toad Town but....

The was empty only some pieces of origami that laid there on the floors of the Town with no one around which was strange because it was the Town where all of Toads lived in you would expect to at least see some of them walking around.

And there was a festival going on so.... Where are they?

Luigi stops his Go Kart and Mario jumps off confused by how empty it was.

"Huh? Where is everybody? You don't think we missed it?" Luigi said also confused by the Town's state.

"Hey Mario! Could you check the date of the festival again? What was the date of the festival again?" Luigi asks and Mario pulls out a piece of paper what was most likely the invitation and looks at it.

'You are invited to an Origami Festival in the fabulous Toad Town!'

'Date:OO/XX' -Peach

Mario nods and Luigi thinks for a moment. "Hmm so it is the correct date;. Maybe we arrived a bit early."

"Why don't we check the castle Mario? Maybe everyone is there."

Mario jumps back onto the Go Kart and Luigi starts up the engine as they start make their way to the castle.

But Mario looks around as Luigi drives but...Still no one just folded up origami it was like a Ghost Town instead of a Toad Town.

Luigi stops the Go Kart in front of the castle's drawbridge and it lowers down for them and Luigi drives over it and towards the castle.

-<........>-

Luigi stops his Go Kart in front of the castle.

"Well here's the castle Bro." Luigi said.

Mario jumps off the Go Kart. "I'm going to park the kart now."

"I do not want to tip the valet." Mario nodded as he watched his brother drive off to go and park his Go Kart and turns and looks at the castle and he tilted his head thinking to himself.

Something strange is going on here.

I just hope it's nothing bad.

"Hey bro I'm back!" Luigi yells running back towards his brother.

"Alright let's go inside!" Mario nods and follows after his brother into the castle.

The door creaks as Mario and Luigi enter and the creaks from the door spooks Luigi. "Still no sign of a Toad. Why haven't we seen any yet?"

They look around the hallway it was empty and down the hallway just looks like a deep dark abyss. Luigi looks around nervous "The castle is a bit like the Town eh Bro?"

Luigi starts to back away. "Maybe we sho-" Then the castle doors shut tightly behind them making Luigi jump.

"Ohnononono!!!" Luigi runs towards the door and start pulling the door handles trying to open up the castle doors but they didn't budge at all.

"We're locked in! What we going to do?! What we going to do?! What we go-" Mario walks over to his Brother and puts a hand on his shoulder.

Luigi turns to him and lets out a deep breath. "Right. Right I need to stay calm and do the thing you do when a door becomes locked. Look for the key!"

Mario nodded. "Alright while I'm doing that you look around for the Princess. See you later Bro!" Luigi runs off to look for the key and Mario looks down the hallway and heads down it to the center of the castle hoping to find any clues to what's going on and where the Princess is.

He enters the center room and once he steps on the sundial in the middle of the room he hears a voice.

"Mario...?" But that voice it sound familiar but...Off some how...Like it had some sort of eerie tone to the voice. "Is that you...?"

At the top of the staris the doors open with creak and foots staris are heard as someone walks through it...

Mario noticed the appearance of the person and had some relief wash over him it was Peach but then that relief quickly vanished as he saw her appearance she looked strange...She was all folded up like the origami outside and she looked down at Mario.

"It's nice to see you..." She says in a eerie voice.

"Would you answer me this shouldn't the Mushroom Kingdom...Unfold and be refolded unto new?"

Mario quickly shook his head confused about what or who did this to Peach.

"Interesting...next question. What about those...Toads shouldn't they join in being refolded into a much better form?"

Mario quickly shook his head again.

"Finale question." She stares at Mario. "Will abandon that flat paper form and refold your self and be reborn...like me?"

Mario had enough of this he needed to get to the bottom of this right now and he got into a fighting pose and stares at her.

"So...you refuse? Wrong answer, right answer. It doesn't matter. All of your answers have fallen flat..." She stares at Mario.

"GoOdBye..."

Then the floor opens up below him and he falls.

-<........>-