Talking Trees That Also Sing!

-<........>-

Walking through the fog Mario and Olly end up in an area that had three different trees that look not like the others that have been in the forest. And there was a large stump in the middle.

Mario seeing there wasn't much in this area he and Olly head on their way but...

When they tried to walk down the right area they just...

Ended up right back at that same place.

"Hold on. Weren't we just here?" Olly asked confused.

Mario looking back decides to go down the right area again but...It ended with the same result back at the place with the three trees and the stump.

"Is this placed cursed or something? Or do we need to go certain way to get out?"

"Wait but there's only two paths so maybe not. This is making my head spin maybe we should sit down on that stump over there Mario." Olly points over to the large stump in the middle of the forest.

Mario nodded confused by how they could of keep ending up at the same area. It would be best to sit down and think about this.

But once they sat down on the stump a voice yelled at them.

"HEY! WHO'S THERE?!"

Mario and Olly jump at the sudden yell and both get off the stump to look around to see who had just yelled at them.

It didn't seem to be anyone around until they saw one of the three trees starting to move.

"You can't sit on ol' Grandsappy's head, Mister!" The different tree now had eyes and was moving.

Then the middle tree started moving. " That's right! He's the elder of this forest. Show some respect! He's got twigs older'n you!"

Then finally the third tree was moving. "So what if he's been logged by those nasty little Toads? He's still the man, Honey."

Mario and Olly look over at the stump that they were sitting on sprouted eyes before letting out a cough.

"Yes, yes... Thank you, darlings. Bless your bark."

Mario just stands there not knowing to react to a talking stump.

"You! Why are you here? I really don't have the strength to yell at you flat paper folk...Or even teach you some manners..." The elder stump coughs and hacks as he tried to get his words out.

"Ol' Grandsappy hasn't been the same since they cutted him down."

"Yes! It's the flat paper folks fault! Shame on you!"

"And Grandsappy rules these woods so if you want to leave you need his permission. So you better get comfy because you're going to be here FOREVER!"

Olly freaks out on what the last tree just said. "Wait forever!? Not that!"

Olly turns to Grandsappy. "Grandsappy I'm sorry that some flat paper folk cutted you down. But if we could help you in anyway we'll be glad to."

Mario nods agreeing with Olly if they help Grandsappy maybe he'll let them leave.

"Hmm if what you say is true. Alright if you two help me restore my energy then I'll let you leave this place."

" Do you have any ideas how we can do that?" Olly asked unsure how to restore his energy.

"You need to find something called a 'Soul Seed' We'll let you go a bit further into the forest so you can find it and feed it to Grandsappy ok?"

The two of them nodded as they went down the right path.