Journey Back To Town

-<........>-

Going through the rest the trees and shrubs Mario and Olly notice the light of the sun getting brighter. They look around and saw they were finally out the forest.

But a white fence was blocking the path. Mario notices one of the fences looked a bit loose and out of place. Mario pulls out his hammer and hits it.

The white fence falls down to the ground and noticing a sign Mario decides to read it.

'KEEP OUT!'

'Unless You Want To Stay Forever'

"Pretty straightforward right?" The sign suddenly grew eyes just like the trees and Mario jumps backwards.

"They made me from one of Grandsappy's branches. Reduce, reuse, recycle I guess..."

Mario turns around and walks away from the talking sign and continue down path and Olly points to somewhere.

"Hey! Mario look." Mario looks where Olly was pointing and it was a Toad stuck in a bush a bit folded.

"I believe that's a Toad correct?" Before Mario could answer the Toad answered for him. "Yes! I'm a Toad!"

"Ah. I was correct. Mario we should help out this poor Toad." Mario nods agreeing with Olly and pulls out his hammer and slams it into the bush.

The bush splits apart and the Toad falls down to the floor but he was still folded up.

"Thanks Mario! But uh.. I need some flattening out as well."

Mario hits the slightly folded Toad with his hammer a few times and the Toad was finally flat again.

"Yes! Thank you Mario I'm flat again!"

"Excuse me but if you don't mind me asking. How did you end up in that bush folded up?" Olly asked.

"Oh! Well it's horrible! At first some of Bowser's Minions showed! We thought they were here to cause trouble but... They looked like they were being chased by some things...They looked folded up. They looked pretty weird! Then those folded up things turned their attention to us! And folded us up!" The Toad shakes his head.

"What do these folded up things have against us paper folk? First they're chasing Bowser's Minions and now they fold us up! This is paper folk abuse! You can't treat us paper folk like that! Even though...Bowser's Minions aren't exactly good guys..."

The Toad took a deep breathe and screamed. "AAAUGH!!! I JUST RETRAUMATIZED MYSELF!!!"

The Toad runs away to what looks like a campsite. "Bowser's Minions are here? Did some of them escape Olivia? Those poor minions...And those poor Toads...Mario! Let's look around for them and help them out!"

Mario was unsure with the idea of helping out Bowser's Minions but...They had a common enemy so it was in their best interest to help each other out.

Mario looks around camp at the tents and from one of them he heard two voices.

"Just help me out here!" A voice yelled but it was a bit muffled.

"Stop yelling! You're going to give away the hiding spot!! The other voice said but it wasn't muffled like the other voice.

"But you're yelling too!"

"I'm only yelling because you're yelling!"

"Just unfold me!"

"I can't you idiot! I don't have any arms!

Mario heads towards the tent where he hears the yelling and opens it up and sees a normal Flat Paper Goomba arguing with a folded up Toad.