Chapter Four

─────────────────────
CASPAIN
─────────────────────

"Have you heard of Sage?" Was the very first sentence said to me by Boss May as soon as I entered the break room, with a sports bag on my shoulders.

"Never. Have you checked her place?" I asked, putting my stuff away inside my locker, and after that pulling the freshly cleaned uniform out of the hanger.

"I did yesterday. But the entire building is under investigation so I couldn't go inside" Boss May have papers in her hand—that I guess is the bills for last month—as she phase back and forth.

She's in her 40s, roughly 5.5, short blonde hair with visible silver strands and a wrinkled forehead from the stress she has everyday managing her no good family and the bar.

She's a natural mother who likes to guide her employees in the right path, though she always have trouble guiding four of her adult sons who kept barging in her office to suck their mother dry. A widow in her 30s explaining how drained she look at her 40s, you'd think she's already in her 50s.

But she's one of the people I care for in this city. Since I'm gifted with good grace and a charming charisma, boss May sees me as her son that she would have had if she married a more stable and well mannered man who doesn't photocopy himself in his children. I can't even last ten minutes without punching her sons everytime they shout at their mother—that actually happened plenty so I did have a good half of the times to punch two of them.

Snowflake is the name of the bar a work at and is also the bar that boss May owns and treats like her baby. Being a basketball coach of teenagers every Mondays and Wednesdays couldn't suffice my bills so I stumble upon Boss May who is in dire need of bartender since the other one got deported. Thankfully I slipped in the job and easily mastered the tricks and talk.

I and her love this place with all of our hearts as it brought so many memories and fun for us. Especially the free drinks, drama and ladies— the last one is one of the main reasons why I'm here working.

Not only those, but the staffs here are like a family. One that's like in the movie Burlesque— the classic—and yes we do have one bitch of a coworker but atleast she has good ass that we can use if we want to milk I few business man visiting the bar. No offense, she likes her job and enjoyed it deeply, especially the diamonds and thick bills she receives.

" I'm worried because that building exploded a week ago. It wasn't big, but it blew up two rooms from what I've heard. I tried my bestest to check just what room Sage stayed but the staffs are hard to knock off" she let out the loudest frustrated groan and she automatically slammed herself in the couch that this room provided for us to occupy during our break.

The space is actually spacious for eighteen employees to doze off so boss May had the room split for female staff and male staff, all have their own restrooms and changing rooms.

"Have you tried calling her web accounts?"  I asked. A part of me worries over Sage since she's been absent for one whole week, knowing her for a few months now, she never once take any request of absence, she even worked despite a fever. One of the bouncers have to guide her out of the bar since she looked like she would pass out anytime soon. So I too couldn't help but to worry. Especially that she's not the type of person who doesn't leave messages about her whereabouts during work hours. Who knows maybe she got kidnapped or killed.

And there's this part of me who doesn't worry as I believe in this probability that she's with Athelo. That man quite have an interest to her and bless her body if Athelo took a hold of it. I heard a few gossips about him from the ladies he hooked up with that he can send his hook ups to the hospital and the organization would prescribe a wheelchair.