Chapter Twelve

─────────────────────
MARGARET
─────────────────────

Athelo slept like a log. Literally.

He's out like a bear hyphenating throughout winter. Even light movements or quiet sounds such as footsteps no longer wake him up.

I've been with Athelo to know that he doesn't easily doze off after sex, if he did then he'll be quick to wake up if you were to make a move.

I glance at his sleeping figure, half-naked with a blanket covering his bottoms. He didn't even bother to remove his shirt during the deed. His thick lashes fluttered effortlessly, and his chest rises in a steady phase.

It's only ten pm and his sudden behavior surprises me. Was it possible for a person to change this much in just a week? Dare I say that this man changes positively despite his not-so-great overall character? Was there hope for a man such as Athelo?

I almost chuckle at that idea. Good thing I collected my thoughts before I messed up this perfect opportunity. Before I could make a move I made a few noises to see if he was sleeping. Which he is, no need for further inspection, or else I'll waste my time trying to prove that he's asleep.

Slowly I left the bed, all naked under the moonlight that escaped from the gap in-between the curtains of the window across the bed.  My tan skin glows every time I move along the room as each thin line of moonlight seeps into the dark room.

We last after 3 rounds which ended late, I assume his dogs are asleep at this time. Never even guessed that Athelo would own dogs in his place. They all looked well taken care of compared to the usual dogs I saw I'm every criminal place. Not to mention they're well trained too, considering the fact that they knew I'm up to now good once I entered his place.

Walking towards my purse, I fished out a flash drive. As I move along in his bedroom I took notice of his laptop sitting in the corner of his study table near his side of the bed. Good thing it's in the same room, or else I would have to find it around the house and risk my life getting eaten by his dogs. 

Tiptoeing quietly, I manage to pass his sleeping figure and was able to grab a hold of the laptop. I faced it sideways so that the lights of the screen wouldn't flash in his side. 

As expected his laptop has a password. But it's not that threatening because the flash drive I have can copy everything even if the device is locked. Praise my friend hacker who gave me this tool. Beside his laptop, there were several thick books. Most of it has bookmarks and some were wide open. I come to notice that most of the content was about Businesses, management, and finance.

While the flash drive does its thing I glance at Athelo who's still asleep.

Such a waste, he would have been a great man if he wasn't too deep with the Unknown organization. He got potential too, I wouldn't mind dating him if only he was a normal citizen. He's got so many good qualities but his ugly qualities remain on top.

I came from an institution that makes a move in eliminating the Unknown. Society seems to pardon their illegal use of privilege and their crimes. I've got evidence that they paid some politicians to protect their *sses. I just can't wait to expose those corrupt individuals and put an end to this madness before it gets worst.