Chapter Fifteen

─────────────────────

ATHELO

─────────────────────

There's tension in the air.

And no, it's not from the fact that I'll be meeting my father today but the fact that almost all of the people that reside in this building have tensions. It's unspoken but for someone like me, it's noticeable.

I'd never care how Father would react to my existence in this organization. As I said, he has his reasons and I have mine. It's better to not meddle with his otherwise he'll do whatever it is that I did to him.

I hadn't met the others during my stay in this hotel. My stay had not been long in this place, maybe half a day or so. But the point is, the entire time of my stay here, specifically lounging in the hallway, had brought me no chance of meeting them. Maye, they're at the function hall already, getting to know one another or better yet forming their groups.

I'm all dressed for the event. It's a formal event so I had to wear a tux to fit in the criteria even though it was unnecessary since it would only be a passing down event where the guests are minimum of a nine important individuals and the rest were the men in each individual. I don't have to ask why they'd made things grander as the scene in front of me speaks volumes.

My eyes stared down at the crowd of people, flashing their camera lights to a couple of people walking down the red carpet. I was on the eighth floor, gazing down towards the busy streets with the city coming alive at the sheath of night. Cars were running back and forth flashing their lights in the road. Some people were taking a peak of the crowd and some were already fishing up their phones to record the walk of people who weren't even celebrities.

This sight is enough to know why they had to show off their influence. It's a showdown for power and fame. Flaunting their expensive garments to showcase their riches for the bystanders and to hit an article. That is for me at least.

From the civilian's point of view, this event is being held to celebrate the reunion of friends. Good old friends who rarely meet one another due to their careers. But we, who are actually in the event, know that this event is meant for passing down positions in the underworld. it baffles me that people would believe such a narrow excuse of a gathering.

My cigarette was halfway done. I'd already finished two sticks just by strolling along the hallway to find something interesting at least. But what I found was being nauseous from the powerful scent of vanilla and fruity air conditioning that hurt my nostrils. The cigarette smoke helps me die down the smell a little bit.

I got bored doing nothing in my hotel room, Finn and Romano already left to attend the event and I wasn't feeling the ethics of attending, so I decided to order them to go first since they were excited to hit the food corner.

A walk seems great after sitting and drinking bottles of beer.

Based on the cars pulling over, the event hadn't started yet. Romano would call me if it's going to start but for now, I want to stroll around the hotel for a while.

As I mentioned earlier. The tension is prominent. One wouldn't sense it but when you're keen to feel something, you'd know that there's tension in the bright and glamorous aesthetic of the building.