Chapter Fourteen

─────────────────────

ATHELO

─────────────────────

I've learned about the things I should know from Thomas Evans, the man who introduced himself as Tom earlier. I made Romano search up every individual inside the vicinity, he didn't gather much considering that I told him just a while to do so, but he gathered enough, at least for me to know who they are and what they do outside of the dark world. It's better to take precautions as to who I'm dealing with rather than being ignorant and doing things recklessly. I'm sure most of them are doing what I'm also doing.

After the amusement from Maximus earlier, Thomas made us introduce one another, to get acquainted with who's who and who's sons are whom. I don't even need to know which sons are which, they all perfectly symbolize their fathers. Especially Thomas and his son, Gabriel. The pair look the same despite Gabriel's skin being more melanin and his eyes weren't as blue as his father's. Despite their resemblance, that fact could not help their rocky relationship. It's too early for me to judge them as I've got a somewhat similar issue with mine.

When everyone departed and went to their respective rooms, Thomas invited me for a stroll around the building. That's where he told me the things he knew about the matter.

My father, Aubreon himself, is one of the bosses of this organization. Never in my life did I expect him to meddle in this dirt and have a part of the underworld. Well, I did think that his money came from the dirt but not the type of dirt where he's one of the most unknown and feared individuals. Per say money loaning or supporting corrupt politicians, but this? this is beyond my imagination. To think I or he did not know about our involvement in this is something even Thomas ponders. He also pointed out that their security slacked since none of the members knew about this. They could have discovered my interference and reported it to my father whereas he'll terminate every connection I have in this organization.

He's against of me joining this group thus he declined to pass his position to me and ordered someone to find one to replace him. Unlucky for him, the someone he ordered also ordered someone and that's Leo, who chose me to take the position, the very person Aubreon does not want to give his position to.

A funny coincidence indeed.

Even I, could not help but laugh over it together with Fin and Romano.

Was I angry?

Of course not.

I couldn't care less what sh*t he does. For all I care, he could be the secret president of the States and still, I wouldn't bother about it. He has his own life and I have mine, it's better to not meddle over his decisions as I could quite tell he's doing the same.

I'm just wondering if my mother have known this. I have a gut feeling that she does know. She's much of a meddler when it comes to father's life.

If I have a reason to be angry over him, then it's the fact that he planned to kill Leo. I swore to myself the minute that explosion happened, I would avenge Leo's death no matter what happened. I'll never forget the sh*t they did to him.

The room they prepared was decent. Fin and Romano shared a room while I had my own room across from Louis's room. It got a room for a bed, bathroom and a spacious resting room for when you've got visitors. Across the coach was the sliding glass door of the balcony. It showed the endless orangey skies with buildings beginning to light up in preparation for the night to come.

"He's the only child of Henry Jones Garcia, the sole heir of the Garcia shipping company" Ramos informed, skipping through his phone for the information.