Kabanata 9

Kabanata 9: Don't

"Can I sit here?" Her voice silenced my chaotic mind.

Our gaze met when I looked up. Agad ko ring iniwas ang tingin ko nang maramdaman ko ang ilang sa mga titig niya. I just nodded my head and sipped to my orange juice.

Those four letters still bothers my mind. And I had to pinch myself from bringing back my senses. I can not bring my walls down and let myself be affected to her actions. Kung magpapaapekto ako sa kaniya, mawawalan ng saysay ang pagsasakripisyo ko.

I sacrifice myself because of Rich and not to live like I don't have any rock in my back. I became a lost traveler on purpose. Keep that in mind, Kyrie. Always.

"How was our discussion earlier?" Tanong ni Ms. Carson at pilit kong iniiwasan ang pagtingin sa kaniya.

"Naku, Ms. Carson, sobrang naintindihan po namin lahat ng tinuro niyo kanina." Sagot ni Cassie. "You made every lesson easier and understandable." After Cassie said that, I heard her chuckled.

"That's a responsibility for a Professor, Ms. Irman. We provide academic leadership through demonstrating and fostering. We also applied knowledge to students and assist students with learning process." Ms. Carson enunciated.

I really like how she creates her words. Her choice of words is unpredictable. I like her for that...

I shook my head as I realized what I've said.

"Ms. Akerson, you alright?" She asked me, worriedly.

"Kyrie?" Tawag pansin naman ni Cassie. While Shai, she's arching her brows saying what's wrong with me.

Nagpapalit-palit ang mga tingin ko sa kanila hanggang sa manatili ito kay Ms. Carson. Her worried face lingered directly in my mind. Napailing na lang ako at bumaling sa kinakain ko.

"Is it fine po na dito kayo naki-table at hindi sa mga co-professor niyo?" Tanong ni Shai na nagsalba sa akin. I almost forgot to divert my attention and just live with embarrasment.

"Oo naman!" She agreed. "Besides, I'm hella frustrated about their topics. Always about their students, some issues about them, and most of all, lovelife." She even tsk-ed after the said those.

Hindi naman makapaniwala sina Shai at Cassie dahil sa mga narinig nila. I remember the time, when she said she became a Professor by force. Her serious profile painted her true identity.

She is more than just a Professor.

"Ms. Carson," a familiar voice interrupted the moment. Rich is heading to us with a guy behind him. Nang makarating ay agad na binigyan ng lalaki si Ms. Carson ng bouquet of flowers. "Kuya Ren is searching for you. Patabi ako Ky," sabi pa ni Rich bago nanghila ng dalawang upuan at tumabi sa akin.

I saw her eyes landed on me but shifted to the guy named Ren. I remembered him. Siya 'yung kasama ni Ms. Carson sa isang restaurant sa mall. Is there something going on between them?

"How are you?" Ren asked Ms. Carson.

"I'm fine. Bakit ka nga pala naparito?" Tanong ni Ms. Carson sa kaniya.

"Tito Henry wants me to see you. He also added that he wanted to talk to us. Kaya ako na mismo ang pumunta rito sa University." Ren answered, still not diverting his stare. "Did I disturb you with your students?"

Ms. Carson shook her head. "By the way, these are my students. Cassandra and Shaina," pagpapakilala niya sa dalawa.

"And, how about this beautiful young lady?" Ren queried, referring to me.

"Kyrie," maikling sagot ko.

Ren mouthed 'oh' and then looked at Rich. "She must be the girl you were talking about." He spitted after.