Kabanata 29

Kabanata 29: Story

Heaven witnessed the love that bloomed like a flower in the desert. It was like a fireworks blown up in a dark canvas of night that shone the entire town. The enchanting scenery of the sun sinks like a fiery orb made it more romantic and promising.

Her words carved like a rose in my heart, a promise of love.

"Are we really engaged now?" Hindi makapaniwalang tanong ko kay Elionhir habang pinagmamasdan namin ang maliliit na ilaw sa ibaba. "Ni hindi pa nga tayo naging mag-girlfriend."

"Ayaw mo no'n? Pagmamay-ari na natin ang isa't isa?" Sagot sa akin ni Elionhir. "Kyrie, makaka-move on ka ba kapag nawala na ako? Will you love someone else after me?"

"I will move on if I needed to. Remember your words? I need to live for you. I need to step forward. I want you to be proud of me even when you're gone." Sagot ko. I wrapped my arm to her shoulders and leaned her closer to mine. "And for the second question, no. I will not love someone after you. Baka sabihin mong huwag akong magsalita ng tapos. Still a no, I am committed to you. Your love is forever with me and I will not throw even a single memory of us."

Heaven knows whose my heart belongs to. I will never deny to anyone that I was captured and loved sincerely of my former Professor, specifically a strong independent woman. I will be also forever be proud of her.

Wind puffed right through our faces. Ramdam ko ang lamig ng simoy ng hangin. This coldness will surely be my companion when I am the only one standing and feeling lonely.

"Let's take a picture?" Tanong ko sa kaniya na agad niya ring sinang-ayunan. "We didn't take a pic earlier. Hindi ko naman aakalaing maglalabas ka ng singsing. Ayan tuloy, nakalimutan na." I chuckled.

Inilabas ko ang phone ko at inilagay 'yon sa camera mode. I lifted my phone in the air and we smiled as if it is our last. I clicked it continuously until I saw her smile faded and dropped a tear.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I wiped her tears.

"Now that we're one, I am afraid of leaving you this early. Ang drama pero 'yon ang totoo. Baka mamaya o bukas, wala na ako. And I honestly wants to spend a little more time with you. I still want to dance with you, to make love with you, to see you become successful, and to do every married couple do." Sambit nito habang pinipigilan ang pagluha.

"I will marry you in heaven and I will brag to every angels, God and Goddesses that my love for you has no end and will be forever be seen and felt. Hear me?" I smiled at stood up. "I will stand above the ground and prove to the heavenly bodies that..." I paused and sucked for air, "the woman I will introduce to all of you now is the only woman I will introduce as my wife for the rest of my life!" I shouted and laughed afterwards.

Hinila niya ang damit ko para muling maupo sa tabi niya. "Mahal kita. I will never be tired saying what I really feel inside." She whispered.

We stayed in our position for hours, savouring the last time we will be like this. As the time passes, my heart still shattering and I couldn't even stop it. It's breaking me even if it is already broken into tiny dust. This scene will be forever in my mind and I will not forget any single memory that we had.

Lord, I know her time is now going to end. I already accepted the fate that we've been taking. I already accepted the pain. All this time, I've realized that You led me to the most beautiful soul. You gave me the person whom I wanted to love for the rest of my life. You made me experienced what love really is and You made me realized that if you really love a person, you will stay with them even in their darkest hours.

Lord, I know this will be hard for me. But I also know that you will heal my wound. Lord, I will lend to you her life now. I promised that I will live... I will live for her.