Kabanata 27

Kabanata 27: Acceptance

Life is not perfect at it seems. Everything will not always be exactly the way we want it to be. It's like when you want to go outside and play, but it's raining. You might be upset because it's not perfect weather for playing outside, but you can still find something fun to do inside instead. Just like in life, we might not always get what we want, but we can still find happiness and make the best of the situation.

So, live.

Live until you find your own meaning of living. Live until you get the life you've always wanted. Live until you do not worry about what other people are doing or saying about yours. Live until you find the happiness and peacefulness in life.

And live, until you make the most of every moment and enjoy all the things that makes you happy.

Every pain is a step to freedom. Sometimes, we have to go through difficult and painful times in order to be stronger as we think we couldn't be and free ourselves from misery.

"Ang tahimik mo ngayon. Something's bothering you, love?" Tanong sa akin ni Elionhir.

Napatingin lang ako sa kaniya. Habang tumatakbo ang oras ay pahina na siya nang pahina. She's always pretending and hiding her pain when someone's around but if she's alone with me, it shattered me for I don't what to do.

"I will fulfill what you like." Naguguluhang tumingin ito sa mga mata ko. "I will graduate with latin honor. I want you to be proud of me. I want you to see me overcoming the agony. Pero... nakakainis." I faked a laugh and looked away. "Gusto kong ikaw ang magsabit ng medalya ko. Gusto kong ikaw ang kasama ko sa mahalagang araw na 'yon."

"Hey, look at me," sambit nito sa akin. "Alam kong hindi ko magagawa lahat ng gusto mo but I will be proud of you. I'm proud of you because you achieve it without the help of others. And I am proud that someone like you loved me the most." She smiled at me as if I was the most precious thing happened to her.

"I'm sorry, hindi dapat ganito." I paused. "Hindi ko na alam. Why? Why are you suffering? Bakit ngayon?" Naguguluhang sambit ko.

"I was meant to suffer and I am bound to suffer again. Isa lang ang kailangan mong kompletuhin pero kinompleto mo rin ako." Makabuluhang sagot nito sa akin. "I was never meant to be in this situation, in this dimension but it was my fate to be with you. I already knelt in front of the deity. I made a choice... a choice that will ruin everything was planned."

"Is it about the agreement? You knew about that? H-how—"

"Anak," we are interrupted with a monotonous voice that lingered in our ear.

Tumingin ako kay Elionhir.

"Did you say where am I?" May halong galit sa boses ni Elionhir nang tanungin ako. "Please, just leave us alone this time. You already got what you've wanted. You already ruined me. You already hurt the peron I love. Ano pa bang kailangan mo?" Dire-diretsong sambit nito.

"Aalis muna a—"

"You will not leave, Akerson." Napalunok ako nang bigla niyang hawakan ang braso ko. "Anything you want to say, sabihin mo 'yon sa aming dalawa at makakaalis ka—"

"Elionhir," I warned her. "I know you're furious and I don't want to invalidate your feelings but can you at least try to listen? Kahit saglit lang." Hinawakan ko ang kaniyang kamay na nakahawak sa braso ko para pakalmahin siya. "Please?"

She let out a heavy sigh. "Speak," she commanded.

"I'm sorry, anak." Panimula ni Mr. Carson. Humakbang ito pero agad ding pinigilan ni Elionhir.

"Huwag kang lalapit."

"Elionhir, I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for not being a responsible father to you. I'm sorry because I caged you, I imprisoned you. Hindi kita nabigyan ng kalayaan, ng kaligayahan. I was a controller of your life. Lagi akong humahadlang sa mga gusto mo. Hindi ko na naisip kung anong maiisip at mararamdaman mo. I was being selfish. Laging ako 'yung nasusunod, laging nararamdaman ko ang inuuna ko."