Kabanata 28

Kabanata 28: Freedom

Acceptance for me is when you agree to something or someone without trying to change them. I am not the controller of life and death. I don't have the power to control time to prolong one's life. I once one given a chance but everything fell into unexpected turns of event.

Later that night, I called Mr. Carson to informed him what was happening. Tita Melanie was continuously crying while Rich, he showed no emotion. He was stunned and seemed not in his own self.

"What happened to her?" Bungad ni Mr. Carson nang makarating ito. "How's she? Kyrie?" Alalang tanong ni Mr. Carson.

"Sir, I'm sorry," I bowed down my head.

"No. She's fighting, right? Akerson, tell me she's fighting!" He raged on fire. I know he already knows the answer but he refused to believe on it. "Anak, andito na si papa." He hugged her daughter that is now sleeping. "Anak ko, lumaban ka. Pasensya kung ganito si papa. I wrote letters for you to read them. I want you to know that I am very sorry for what I did. Alam kong hindi ko na maibabalik ang panahon but please, fight. I want to make it all up to you. Babawi si papa. Itatama lahat ni papa ang kamalian niya sa 'yo."

I tried not to feel weak again. I just hope Elionhir hear his father's words. Pakiramdam ko ay nalagutan ako ng lakas ng loob. Tita Melanie tapped my shoulder and caressed my back.

"You did great, Kyrie. Thank you," Tita whispered. Bumagsak ang tingin ko sa sahig. "You never know how much I thank you for bringing happiness to our daughter. She already found her true home with you. Kyrie, thank you for taking care of my daughter's heart. Hindi ko alam kung paano pa kita papasalamatan sa mga nagawa mo para sa anak ko. Thank you is underestimate word for you." Tita hugged me tightly and I just found myself crying on her shoulder.

Fate, this is what is meant to happen to us in our lives. Some people believe that everything that happens to us is already decided by fate, like a script for a play that we are all acting out. However, it can be determined by our choices and actions. But it is also the idea that some things are meant to happen, no matter what we do.

Life, we are born, we grow up, we learn, we have fun, we make friends and family, and we experience many things.

Death is the end of life. It happens to everyone, and nobody knows when it will happen. It can be scary to think about, but it's a natural part of life.

Life and death are things we experience, but fate is something we can't control. We don't know what will happen in our lives, but we can make the most of the time we have. We can enjoy life, make friends, learn new things, and do our best to be kind to others. And when death comes, we can be at peace knowing that we lived the best life we could.

"Pa, sorry po," naging pabulong na lang 'yon nang sabihin ni Elionhir. "Ma, sorry din po."

"Anak, kami ang dapat humingi sa 'yo ng tawad. You made us proud no matter what. You've been a good daughter to us." Sambit ni Mr. Carson. "Kyrie, ikaw na ang bahala sa anak namin." Malumanay na dagdag nito.

We are currently packaging our things. I'm glad that they are all here; Tita Melanie, Mr. Carson, Rich, Elysha, Cassie, and Shai. Just a minute after this, her life will be headed to the freedom and peaceful life she's been longing.

As what you've wanted, you'll have me until the rest of our days, love.

"Rich, ingat sa pagmamaneho," sambit ni Tita Melanie.

Pinagtulungan nilang ayusing ang pwesto ni Elionhir sa loob ng sasakyan. Inilagay na rin ang wheelchair niya sa likod. Nagpasalamat ako sa lahat at nagpaalam na.