Kabanata 20

Kabanata 20: Parting

Prof. Elionhir Rousseau Carson having an affair to one of her students, Kyrie Yvette Akerson.

It became the talk of the town when someone posted it on social media with pictures. It was me and Ms. Carson, having a comfortable midnight snack at the sopasan and the other one, we were hugging each other outside Mr. Carson's office.

One notification led to countless.

Nakakadiri, kabit, at kung ano-ano pa ang natanggap ko mula sa ibang tao. Sobrang bagsak ng pakiramdam ko dahil sa mga natatanggap ko. Hindi ko aakalain na mas lalala ang sitwasyon ngayon.

I looked at the ceiling, wondering what Ms. Carson is feeling right now and what she's doing. I closed my eyes and started to hum to fight the urge not to cry. I bit my bottom lip as I could feel my eyes became watery. I feel languid.

"I'm sorry..." I mentally said in countless times.

Hindi ko na alam ang gagawin ko. I already found my home but storm kept on destroying it. The situation makes me insane. I just want to lay beside her and forget the world. We just want to be free and to feel the acceptance of society. Is it too hard to give?

"Love, please... hold on," I escaped a deep sigh before the warm liquid in my eyes stream like a river.

She ruined herself for me. I ruined her because of love.

"Kyrie..." napatingin na lang ako sa may pinto ko. "Bubuksan ko na ha?" Malumanay niyang sabi bago ko narinig na bumukas ang pinto.

"Elysha, tanggap mo ba ako?" Walang alinlangang tanong ko sa kaniya nang makalapit ito sa akin. "Tanggap mo ba ako bilang ako?"

"Oo. Tanggap kita bilang pamilya ko, bilang tao, at bilang ikaw mismo." Ngumiti muna ito bago naupo sa gilid ng kama ko. "Kyrie, I saw everything. I saw how you fell for Ms. Carson and how you stay in love with her. I saw how unusual your smile was when Ms. Carson was the reason. Kyrie, I feel it too. I also feel it when you're happy. And, I am thankful for Ms. Carson."

Natutop ako dahil sa mga sinabi ni Elysha. Muli na namang nagpakawala ang mga mata ko ng luha. Tumingin ito sa akin at ngumiti.

"Kyrie, I am happy because you found someone that will love you more than you loved yourself and will do everything for you even if it ruined her," aniya. "Pain is a part of growing. Every struggle is a step forward. What ever happens will eventually happen. And, doing nothing changes nothing." Tumayo na ito.

"Thank you," I murmured.

"There is a high possibility that Ms. Carson is in the verge of falling from the highest cliff. She's brave but fragile. Stand up with her. Choose to do something even if it isn't enough. Your trying is appreciated." She pointed my phone. "Maybe, Rich can help you." She suggested.

"You're right. I should've fight for her tonight. Thank you, really." I enunciated.

Naupo ako at pinunasan ang luha. Nagtawanan lang kaming dalawa. Nagpaalam na rin ito. I let out an air from my mouth and shook my hands. I composed myself before dialing Rich number.

"Rich..." bungad ko.

"You good?" I heard him sigh. "Of course, not. Do you want some ice cream? Kain tayo sa labas? Night walks?"

I bit my lower lip. "D-do you have news about Elionhir?"

Narinig ko ang pagtawag niya kay Tita Melanie. "Hija, pasensya na pero wala pa kaming balita kay Elionhir. Hindi rin ako sinasagot ni Henry. Maybe try to contact her. Paniguradong ikukulong na naman siya ni Henry. Please, hija, alam kong mahirap pero ikaw ang pag-asa ni Elionhir."