Wakas

Wakas

The brush was smoothly roaming my face. After having a light foundation and concealer, they started to make my eyebrows looked like naturally carved. My face for today's event would be light and natural but eye-turner. A magical hand let my eyes be alive for its choice of eyeshadow. My eyeliner made my eyes more appealing.

They put mascara and curled my eyelashes. The blending of nose line was purely talented. Also, the blush was a light rosy color that fitted my cheeks. And lastly, one of the matte colors of lipstick matched my lips perfectly.

I looked at the mirror and it made me wonder of who is the girl inside the reflection. I love how light and natural I look. I can see a 21 year old female that it accomplished and passed through all the struggles in being an Engineering student.

After all the sleepless nights, aching head and stomach, and having almost every night breakdowns, finally we made it until the end. Those challenges that I was not sure that I can pass through, I can finally say that those challenges were my greatest lessons. It made me vulnerable but at the same wise, brave, and confident.

In every step forward of some of us were the steps of several of us stopped. Being college isn't a race. This is not the place that if you stop studying to make a living, you'll lose. And if you stepped in the graduation stage on time means you'll win. We have different life status and we don't have the rights to degrade someone just because of them being at the bottom and you being at the top.

Every student has different struggles in life. Some have financial issues, and some have family issues. Most of the students have anxiety and depression. We can not tell because every one is doing their best to hold a degree. Every one has its own silent battles that we don't know anything about.

We have our own time to shine. Don't rush.

"Congratulations!" Napatingin ako kay Cassie na sumigaw pagkapasok ng salon.

"Kahit kailan talaga 'yang bunganga mo," pinang-ikutan lang ng mata ni Cassie si Shai na dumiretso sa tabi ko. "Grabe, never ever doubt why Ms. Carson fell for you. Undeniably beautiful. Natural yet elegant." Shai complimented.

"Congra—whoa," Rich stopped.

"Rich, 'yung bouquet," sambit ni Shai nang malaglag ni Rich ang hawak niyang bouquet of flowers. "Alam ko namang maganda 'yung kaibigan natin pero hindi ka pwedeng magkagusto diyan."

"Hoy," suway ko kay Shai.

Pinulot na ni Rich ang bouquet at lumapit sa akin. "Congrats," bulong nito sa akin. Nang matapos na ang pagkulot ko sa buhok ay inalalayan ako ni Rich na tumayo. "Ang ganda mo." He smiled at me. "For you," sambit nito at binigay ang bouquet na may lamang white rose flowers.

"Let's have a mirror shot?" Pag-aaya ko sa kanila na agad nilang sinang-ayunan. I took my phone out. "Say cheese in a count of three. One, two,"

"Cheese!" Masigla at puno ng galak naming sambit.

Graduation is an important milestone in a person's life, marking the successful completion of an academic journey. It represents years of hard work, dedication, and perseverance. It is a time for celebration and reflection, as graduates move on to the next chapter of their lives, equipped with the knowledge and skills gained throughout their educational journey.

Graduation is also an opportunity to acknowledge and appreciate the support of family, friends, teachers, and mentors who have contributed to the graduate's success. It is a time to embrace new opportunities, set new goals, and pursue one's passions. Graduation symbolizes a new beginning and serves as a reminder of the unlimited potential that lies ahead.