Ch. 1 Rebellion

Emberleys POV

"Dude!! You totally like him!!" Paxton yells at belly teasingly. "Yeahhhh, how nasty!" I tease with pax and she turns a shade of red. "Stoppppp. He's a senior guys! We're only sophomores." She says walking down the hall clutching her books to her chest looking around anxiously to see if anyone is listening to our gossip.

"Oh chill, luuucas can't hear us!" Paxton yells making her blush madly. "You guys! I don't even know why I tell y'all shit damnit." She jokes before saying goodbye and walking into her class. Pax and I walk into Mrs Barton's home room.

This bitch fucking hates me.

I sit down next to P and he pulls out his history notebook. "Ooooh look at you, overachiever" I say laughing about how often he follows the rules. "Emberley, how about you come sit next to me for the class.. seeing that you can't stop chatting with Mr. Grant."

I laugh loudly and make a face at Paxton as if I don't already know. "YOUR LAST NAME IS GRANT???" I gasp clutching my chest dramatically making everyone laugh.

Pax rolls his eyes and gets red before looking to his history book.

"Now Miss Deluca-Bishop. Or I will call your parents." I start laughing and stand up from my desk with all kinds of attitude. Fuck this bitch.

I walk over to the desk next to hers and I plop down in it, making the chair squeak loudly.

I hear Mrs. Barton Scoff and I mock it.

"What? Now I can't sit down in a chair right either?" I ask like a smart ass and her dramatic self sighs and glares at me.

"Are you done??? You are SO disrespectful. I know your mothers didn't raise you to be rude." She scolds and I roll my eyes. "My parents raised me to voice my opinion and in my opinion, you're a bitch for no reason." I stand up out of the chair and she stands with me.

"Sit back down!!"

"No. Make me. Guess what I have in your class Mrs. B?"

"I'm sure it's failing. Because all you ever do is run that mouth of yours."

"Haha, good one. Maybe if you ran your mouth as much as I do you'd lose a few pounds. I have a 98 in here. A 98.4 to be exact. which is better than the majority percentage in your class. What's the average grade in this class? An 84? That makes me above average Mrs B so why ruin my ora?? Paxy over there has a 89 in this class, no offense pax, I know that English is your best subject. Do you see him cramming with that big ass notebook over there? Look at the reading material I have.. nothing. Why would you want to disrupt your students learning to make yourself seem superior. You have to earn my respect. I don't hand it out. And before you say it, I'm on my way to the office." And with that I walk my happy ass down to the office.

Maya is gonna fucking kill me.

Mayas POV

"MOVE YOUR ASS HUGHES!!!! SPRINT!!!!" I yell during our relay game we have on competition day.

She tags my hand and I take off against Jack and Miller. Of course I dusted them.

After everyone is sweating profusely and breathing hard I laugh breathlessly. "You guys are wimps." I tease walking over to my water bottle and then feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket.

Carina🤍 is calling..

"Hey baby, what's up?" I ask knowing that she was supposed to be in surgery right now.

"You need to pick up your daughter." She grumbles and I hear something clatter.

"What was that??"

"Uh.. Mrs Deluca-Bishop that was a 10 blade being thrown onto the metal tray." Jo says warily making me laugh a little. "Hey everyone. You're in surgery?" I ask my angry Italian and I hear another object clatter. "Yes maya. I am. And nostra figlia non si comporterà bene a scuola e ho quasi finito con le sue sciocchezze. ha approfittato della mia gentilezza per l'ultima volta." (A/n our daughter will not act right at school and im about done with her nonsense. she has taken advantage of my kindness for the last time.)

"Honeyyyy. Breathe in and out. I'll go get her. I don't know what you said but you seem angry. Don't worry. I'll call when I've got her."

"I love you." She says making me smile. "I love you too honey."

We hang up and I turn to the team. "We'll I've gotta go pick up my daughter. My wife sounded like she was going to kill someone." I say laughing and Andy smirks. "Wonder what that little trouble maker has done this time."

To say that she's had a rebellious streak would be an understatement. She's going off the handle with her attitude.

I get to her school and when I walk in the office I see ems devious smile plastered across her face.

"Maya, so good to see you." The receptionist says making me laugh. Me and this lady are now on a first name basis due to my child's stupidity.

"Hey Delores! What's she in for this time?"

"Told off Barton. Made her cry." She explains and I hang my head.

"You, up. Now." I say turning to her and she does as told immediately.

"She's been suspended for 3 days." Delores finishes making me sigh. "Thank you. I'll probably see you next week." I say pulling my child out by her arm.

"Let go!!" She yells yanking her arm away from me in a huff.

"No! You wanna act like a child, I WILL treat you like one." I say opening the back door of my truck and putting her in. I get into the drivers seat and I hear her say

"This is ridiculous!! I'm not a fucking chi-"

"LANGUAGE!!" I yell turning around and putting a finger in her face.

We start to drive and it's silent the whole way to the station.

I turn around and I see Em spacing out.

Emberleys POV

I turn to look at Rayson and i feel our truck get slammed into. I hear loud ringing and I look around dazed. I turn to see Ray and his head is slumped down.

"R-ray??" I ask trying to unclip myself from the seat.

"Ray???" I ask again, this time realizing I'm stuck in the seat belt.

And then I hear my mom just start screaming. Loud. Horrific screams.

I look over at ray again and he just has blood everywhere. Running down his forehead and onto his shirt. His blue shirt with yellow and black stripes. His favorite shirt.

"P-please Ray! Please wake up!" I yell trying to grab his hand desperately. Just to see if I can wake him.

"RAYSON PLEASE!!" I scream hitting the edge of my seat angrily.

Don't take him. DO NOT take him.

"Emberley. Find my eyes." I hear Maya whisper quietly. I blink out of my trance and I take a deep gasping breath before falling out of the truck to the ground hyperventilating.

You bet your ass that fall hurt.

"Shhhh. Shhhhh. You're okay. In and out like your therapist says. I'm and out. Channel in on me honey. Focus on me. Forget what's making you lose yourself."

I find my breath and I just lay in the driveway on my hands and knees, resting my forehead against my forearms. "Can you stand baby?" Maya asks quietly and I nod slowly.

I get to my feet and she helps me inside. "Let's clean you up." She whispers guiding me to the bathroom in the station. I sit down and she pours hydrogen peroxide onto a paper towel before dabbing my head and elbow with it.

I guess taking a dive out of the truck caused more damage than I thought it would.

HAHAAAAA

QOTD
How's it going:)