Ch. 19 I Need You

Emberleys POV

"Hey momma!" I shout getting into carinas car after a long day of school.

"Hey bambina. I've got to talk to you and Juni about something."

"Okay what's up?" I ask cocking my head curiously.

Juni jumps in the car, covered in marker and we both start giggling.

"How did you get covered like that??" I ask laughing loudly. "Well max marked me with his marker so I did it back and then we colored each other!" She exclaims excitedly and I start laughing and I see carina staring straight on, straight faced.

"What's going on?" I whisper not wanting to alarm Juni.

"Maya is in the hospital." She whispers back and I gasp.

"Maya is where??" Juni asks wide eyed sitting back in her sit and buckling up.

"She's at the hospital baby. Her dad hurt her pretty bad." Carina says calmly pulling away from the parking lot.

"He hurt her like my daddy hurt me?" Juni piped up and carina nods sadly. "Something like that." She whispers and she continues. "You two are going to stay with Andy and Vic while I take care of momma at the hospital. And when she's well enough to come home, we need to all be careful and make sure she's comfortable and healthy."

We both nod and she sighs.

"It's gonna be okay." I say putting my hand on hers and she nods with tears in her eyes.

"It just feels like my fault. I knew her dad would do this."

Immediately I feel my blood boil.

"You knew??" I ask anger growing quickly.

"I did."

"And you let her leave?? You just let her go and live with that horrible man?? You didn't even try to stop her carina!" I shout angrily.

"I didn't think it would be this long or end up this severe."

"Let me out. Let me out right here." I say unbuckling myself.

"No. Stop em." She says grabbing my hand and I snatch it away. I open the door which makes carina come to a halting stop. I get out and slam the door in the process. I can walk to the station from here. I'm done.

She left her in that terrible place with her dad and she knows what juni and I went through.

I get to the station and as I walk in Andy runs to me and hugs me tight. I see juni sitting on the couch watching tv and I give Andy a hug back. "Don't you ever scare us like that again."

"Carina left maya with her dad. After he abused her. After she took in juni and me, she knows what abuse can do to someone."

"Princessa, carina had to do what was best for her. She had to make a choice between her happiness and maya and she chose her happiness. Maya could've left that situation. She is grown. I know that's hard to hear, but you and juni were babies. Neither of you could leave your situations, you had to live through it and survive. I offered maya a place every day. Maya felt obligated to stay for her mom and dad because they manipulate her in ways most cannot understand."

I nod and I sigh. "I guess I was unreasonable. I was just upset."

"Rightfully so. You're worried about your mom. But forgive carina. She didn't mean for anything like this to happen."

I nod and she pulls me into a hug.

"Let's go watch some tv with juni. When Vic gets off we can all go to ours and we can get some McDonald's, how about that?"

I see Junis face light up and it's like Andy offered her a hundred dollars.

"MCDONALDS???" She screams and we all laugh.

Finally, around 7 Vic gets off and we head to their house. Is their house built for juni, me, Vic, Andy, Miller and Jack?? No. Absolutely not. Did we make it work anyway? Absolutely.

"UNO!!" I shout holding up my one card and juni starts giggling. She doesn't understand how to play so she's on my team.

"Juni, baby, what color is it?" Andy asks slyly and I cover junis mouth before she can speak.

"Juni don't answer. I need to win this." I say seriously and she nods looking up to me.

I take my hand off and Andy mouths red and juni nods.

"NOOOOOO YOU TRAITOR!!" I shout and she giggles loudly. "I'm sorry ember!" She says giggling and Andy smiles.

"Someone change the color ASAP" Miller says eyeballing me and I smile.

I won either way.

Carinas POV

I hear Maya sobbing from down the hallway. I hurriedly walk into her room where Jo and Owen are talking to her.

"Maya, it's going to be okay. You will get it back. Your body is too stressed right now to function. We're lucky that's all you lost." Owen lectures and I nod.

"He's right. Maya, you know you shouldn't have stayed in that situation!" I scold walking in and sitting next to her and grabbing her hand.

"I didn't want to be weak. I disappointed you, over and over again and I wanted you to be proud that I could do this alone." She whispers sadly and my heart physically hurts.

"Baby, you didn't disappoint me. I was just emotional and angry and I took it out on you. It was in no way your fault and I'm so sorry to have made you think that." I explained and tears roll down her face.

"I need you." She whispers, brokenheartedly.

"I need you bambina."

AHHHHHH you guys should be proud, I'm updating most of my books!!

QOTD
how many times have y'all rewatched greys?