Ch. 8 Coaxing

Junipers POV

"Okay, okay. Calm down. I promise I won't hurt you. I'll sit right here." She says taking a seat on the floor a couple of feet away from me.

I look on cautiously before getting back into my bed and staring at her.

"Okay.. okay. We won't talk about anything that's happened. I'll introduce myself. My name is Maya Bishop. I'm married to a doctor, she's stitching up my daughters hand right now. My daughters name is Emberley. She was just like you. She was scared. But she was also strong like you. Emberley wasn't quite as young. 5 is very young to be so mature."

I look at her confused and I furrow my eyebrows. "How'd you know I is 5" I whispered making sure to show that I still don't trust her.

"I read your chart honey." She whispers smiling gently.

"I don't know how you'd know that. My dad ain't let me go to school. Said I was too young." I spat angrily turning my head at her. "Honey, these aren't school papers. They're just hospital records."

I nod cautiously and I just continue to stare through her.

Don't show weakness.

"Get out." I growl angrily. She finally nods and walks out of the room slowly.

Mayas POV

I walk into the hallway and I go to find my wife and Emberley.

"Hey bambina. Almost done here." Carina says smiling as link looks at Ems hand to check for broken bones.

"Looks good kid!"

"Can we talk real quick??" I ask not wanting em to be around for this talk. "Yeah of course! Bambina you stay with link." Carina says pointing to Em and she nods.

We walk into the hall and she pulls me into a big hug which I return happily.

"Just don't let go." I mumble in her shoulder and she stifles a laugh. "Never Bella. We can stay like this for as long as you need."

"I want to foster her." I whisper into her shoulder and she pulls away, causing me to whine like a child.

"Let's do it then honey. We should probably have a talk with em." Carina says wisely and I nod. "You're Right."

We begin to walk into the examination room and we stop moving when we hear a loud screech. I take off at a dead sprint to the end of the hall where Juniper is.

I see her door cracked open and I take off on there. I see a large man ripping hair from her head and beating her senseless and I grab him aggressively.

I throw him to the ground and climb on top of him.

I throw a punch. Then another and another.

Before I know it my fists are bloody and I feel arms around me.

"GET OFF OF HIM!!!" Carina yells anxiously pulling at my waist.

Of course, with how much training I do, Carina doesn't make me budge.

"IF YOU EVER- AND I MEAN EVER- TOUCH. HER. AGAIN. I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU!!!" I scream while pummeling him.

Finally, I feel strong arms around my waist and Alex Karev is pulling me off of the large man.

I look from the beaten unconscious man to Juniper and she is staring at me with wide eyes.

She stands up from her position on the floor and she walks to me causing Alex to step away.

She looks up to me and she grabs my hand.

"You protect me.. okay?"

I nod and she nods back, her eye swollen and blood running from her scalp.

She leads me to her bed and doesn't let go of my hand. The man is put onto a stretcher and he's rolled out of the room.

"Bambina, im going to check on Em." Carina says cautiously not wanting to disturb the small child and I nod. "Okay. Please tell her about our idea." I say quietly and she nods before walking out of the room.

"Hurt?" Juniper asks pointing to my knuckles and I shake my head no.

"Doesn't hurt. Does yours hurt?" I ask motioning to her head and she nods.

"Want a doctor?" I ask again and she shakes her head no frantically.

"No, no. You stay. Stay." She whispers clutching my hand and I nod. "Okay. I'll stay. Who was that man baby?"

"My daddy. Who was that lady?" She asks cocking her head to the side.

"That was my wife honey."

"So you're a faggot?" She asks curiously, oblivious to the fact that's a bad word.

"Nooo, no. We don't say that word. That's a bad word. Who taught you that?"

"My daddy."

"Okay, well she's my wife and we're married. We're gay or we're lesbians, but faggot isn't a nice word, okay?"

She nods slowly, obviously confused but I decide we can explain another day.

Carina walks into the room after a little while and she is obviously mad.

"What's-"

"It's your fucking daughter. You better go talk to her or- giuro che perderò la mia merda."

"Woahhhh, woah. Calm down honey. Little ears. I'll go see her. Juniper, do you care if Carina stays with you? She's my wife. She is protective like me. She'll hold your hand." I coax nervous she'll dismiss me and she thinks for a second before nodding.

"Okay. I'll be right back."

Now to deal with an asshole teenager.

QOTD
How much would y'all like me to update? And who all votes for my chapters?? Lemme know!!