Ch. 10 Consequences

Emberleys POV

"Miss Deluca Bishop, let's talk about tonight. I heard my officers had to deploy some tasers??? What were you doing?"

"I don't remember and I want my lawyer. I have my rights. I have the right to have a parent and, or lawyer with me during questioning. I want one or the other."

"Of course!! Of course. Carina- that's your mom right?"

I nod and the detective nods.

"Alright, she's on her way! Want some water? Maybe something to eat?"

"Well I would indulge if you were asking solely for my needs. But you want my DNA to match it with some at the crime scene. I was doing nothing wrong there. I had a conversation with an old friend and that's all." I explain shrugging and the detective smirks.

"Oh wow. Just because you watch some crime documentaries makes you detective Doolittle??"

"It's Doctor Doolittle." I correct laughing a little and he looks at me confused.

"Emberley- can I call you that?"

"Let's stick to Miss Deluca Bishop, Officer Dixon." I snap smartassedly.

"Detective Dixon and, why don't you just explain some things and be on your way?? I'm sure you're busy."

"Officer Dixon, this could be counted as entrapment and the wrongful detainment of a minor. Of course, I can leave when I'd like, but you never said that to me. I won't leave because I want Carina to be here when I leave so she knows I'm safe. Keep going the way you're going, I will press charges against you and you will lose the case. Understand??" I snap kinda feeling myself afterwards.

He nods and takes a seat and we wait for an angry Carina to walk through the door.

Well within 5 minutes of us sitting in complete silence, Carina walks through the interview doors.

"Get your ass up and follow me." She says walking out immediately after giving me and Dixon the stare down.

I follow and I feel my heart sink it's my stomach.

We reach her car and she turns to look at me.

"Car. Now. Backseat." I nod and get into the backseat and she walks into the station for a few seconds and walks back out and gets in the drivers seat.

"You are pushing me to the brink Emberley Raine. THE BRINK!!!" She shouts turning and pointing at me making me look down.

"Look at my face. Look into my eyes. See my disappointment!! My pure disappointment. I am disappointed in you. You have thoroughly disappointed not only me, but Maya as well."

I nod and look up to her and I feel like a child wanting to shrink and disappear from the situation.

"You are in the backseat because if you want to act like a child I will treat you like one. You will be attached at the hip to me. You'll go to work with me, you'll eat with me, you'll run errands with me, we can't trust you to go to school so I'll walk you in to make sure you get there. You have done this to yourself." She snaps before turning and staring at the road.

"Also, assault on a police officer is up to a felony charge. Prison Emberley. You're lucky I got you out of it."

"But-"

"No buts-"

"Listen to me Carina."

"YOU ARE A CHILD!!!!! I DO NOT HAVE TO HEAR YOU OUT!!! I AM DONE!!!!! PLEASE!! OBEY ME!! PLEASE!! I AM BEGGING. I WANT MY BABY BACK!!!" She shouts tears running steadily down her face shattering my heart.

I nod and she wipes her wet face before pulling into the driveway.

I walk into the house and maya is sitting on the couch with a little girl.

"Em, welcome Juniper."

I nod and walk to my room reaching for my door to slam it and I realize..

There's not a door to slam.

How fucking perfect?

I lay in my bed and I stare at the ceiling. My stomach grumbles and I close my eyes reminiscing in the hungry feeling.

Finally, something I can control.

I slowly drift to sleep, letting the darkness engulf me.

Until it doesn't anymore.

I shoot out of my comfortable sleep and I can't catch my breath, im sweating uncontrollably and I'm shaking profusely.

I can't even remember the dream.

I try to shake off the panic and I cannot. I refuse to wake Carina and maya so I will just figure it out.

I hear some giggling in the other room and I walk into it slowly. I peek through my door and I see maya and Carina laughing with juniper.

I feel my heart twinge a little.

"We love you baby." They say quietly to the little girl and I decide that's the last straw.

"I FUCKING HATE YOU!!! I HATE YOU BOTH!!!!" I shout and their faces morph into that of my old parents.

"Say it again Emberley." My mom says turning her head in a testing manner.

"N-no." I whisper looking down to see blood all over my hands.

"You killed me Emberley." Rayson says his head gushing blood and blood running out of this middle of his shirt.

"You killed us." They all said in sync turning their heads scarily.

"NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!" I scream clutching my ears as tight as I can but still hearing the words they say.

"Emberley. Emberley."

"NO! NO!! LEAVE!!" I screech beginning to sob loudly. Losing my sense of reality.

"Wake up honey. Wake up."

I shoot out of bed screaming clutching my ears.

"GET AWAY!! GET AWAY FROM ME!!!" I screech to the person grabbing my arm.

"It's me Emberley. It's me." Maya says holding my arm. Looking unmistakably exhausted.

"I'm sorry." I sob falling into her arms.

"I'm sorry for being such an awful kid." I whisper holding onto her for dear life shaking.

"It's okay. You're not a bad kid. You're just lost. Everyone can do bad things, that doesn't make them a bad person honey."

I swallow thickly and I look up to her. "I don't want a sister." I whisper and I can see the brokenness in her face.

"We've already signed the papers."

LMAOOOOOOO CRAZY INNIT???? Go read my 60K chapter!!!

QOTD
Let's get deep, anyone feel like an outcast in your family or society?