Ch. 17 Negative Effects

2 weeks later

Mayas POV

"Let's go kiddo!! Run time!!" My dad yells turning on my light and I groan loudly. "Dad. Please, it's-"

"It's 3:45. Go back to bed."

"What'd you say to me??" He asks in his irritated voice causing my blood pressure to rise a bit.

"I just-"

"Get the fuck up!!!" He yells grabbing the back of my shirt and pulling me out of my bed aggressively.

"Get off!!!" I scream in his face and he smirks at me. "You live in my house. EAT MY FOOD!!! YOU WILL GET UP AND RUN WITH ME!!! OR YOU WILL FACE THE CONSEQUENCES!!"

I sigh loudly and I push him off me which enraged him more.

Next thing I knew I was lying on the floor, dazed from a blow to my head.

I feel blood leak down the side of my face.

I look up and see my mom push him out of her way.

I lay there, blood running into my eye, down into my mouth, all over my carpet.

I feel my eyes shut a bit and then I'm woke up by my mom.

"Come on babe. Up. Up. We need to go and see a doctor." She says and I nod, she pulls me up and I lean into her, practically laying on her as she carries me to her car. She gets in and I don't even remember the drive. I just remember walking into the hospital with my mom to see Carinas and Aprils shocked faces.

And then I collapse.

Carinas POV

"Carina, you need to go to the waiting room." April says and I feel my face go white. I see blood everywhere. All over her. On her clothes, in her hair, in her eyes, on her face.

"Carina. Waiting room. Now." April says once again sternly and I go.

Oh God. I hope she's okay.

I see her mom walk into the waiting room and I stand to greet her. "What happened??"

"She fell out of her bed, you know how heavy she sleeps." She says nodding and I nod, suspicious but not wanting to ignite a fight.

Mayas POV

I wake up with April leaning over me. "Hey, keep calm. Avery is doing stitches on your head and I'm looking at this black eye youve got. Do you remember what happened?" I shake my head no, lying of course.

I just can't have this conversation now.

I lay there, in the most immense pain I've felt in a long time and finally they finish. I sit up and the world spins a bit.

"You do have a concussion, so no sleep for 6-8 hours. Sound good?" I nod and I walk out of the room and I'm met by my mom and carina. My mom wraps her arms around me and she sighs.

"You scared me! I heard the thump from your room and I just knew you fell!" She exclaims and I nod once more.

I look to Carina and she looks like she's in pain.

"I-I'm sorry you fell." She whispers and I nod again. After sitting there in awkward silence for a few minutes we leave, we get outside and I feel someone grab my arm and I jump back.

"Get the fuck off me!" I shout panicked not realizing it's my wife.

"I-I'm sorry bambina. I didn't mean to scare you." She said in a calm tone and I shake my head and look down. "N-no it's okay. I'm sorry for yelling." I whisper going to walk away before she stopped me

"Do you want to come home?" She asks quietly and I shake my head no. "Don't do that. Don't pity me." I say bitterly before marching to my moms car and getting into the front seat angrily.

"You know he didn't mean-"

"Mom please just shut up." I snap feeling my blood boil at the mention of my father.

The ride home is silent and when we get to my house my father is outside stretching.

"Alright kiddo. Let's try this again. Go get your running shoes on now." I nod and jog inside and throw on my shoes.

Should I run during a concussion? Probably not. But I'm not taking another beating.

After a 3 mile run which resulted in my father yelling at me twice for stopping I make it home, breathless.

I need to figure something else out.

AHHHHHH ANOTHER LONG WAIT BEFORE AN UPDATE. SORRY EVERYONE I WENT THROUGH A SLUMP!!

QOTD
Do y'all think Maya will get away from her dad?