Ch. 4 The Sit Down

Emberleys POV

Carina arrives home from work and I'm sat on the couch having just finished my chores for the day. "Hey bambina." She says softly, almost as if she spoke too loud it would shatter me.

"Hey momma." I say, returning the soft tone.

"When maya gets home we're all gonna have a conversation, sound okay?"

I nod and she walks into the kitchen.

Well that doesn't make me nervous at all.

A few moments pass and then maya walks through the front door. "Hey em. Honeyyyy I'm home!!" She shouts making Carina appear in the kitchen doorway.

They both take a seat across from me on the recliner and I sigh, trying to relieve myself of my anxiety.

"Okay, here's what's gonna happen bambina. We're going to talk and we're all going to try to work this out. Understand?"

I nod and she continues.

"We have worked hard to raise you to be a productive person of society. You were, till you weren't. We don't know why, you aren't sure of what happened to our sweet innocent em but we want her back. We will never make you feel that hopeless again, but you need to work on your attitude toward adults and your peers. You will write your teacher a letter of apology and maya or I will read it. It will be sincere and you will deliver it to her when you return to school."

I nod and she nods back. "Is there anything you'd like to tell us?"

"I-I'm just sorry about how I've treated you guys. I'll write the letter. I'm not against punishment, if I deserve it, I deserve it. But please don't do the silent treatment again. Please. I have been beaten, I have had ribs broken, beer bottles thrown at me and anything else you can think of and that was the worst I've ever felt for a punishment." I explained fidgeting with my fingers.

"Emberley. Fingers." Maya warns sternly.

I stop and I look up to meet their eyes and Carina smiles warmly at me. "We love you. Always honey." I nod and smile back. "I love you guys always."

They come to me and hug me tight before headed to the kitchen to cook some food. I go and sit on the barstool watching Carina chop up some vegetables and maya cleaning the dishes.

"Hellooooooooo!?!" I hear from the front door and I turn around to see Andy, Vic and miller all walk in.

"Heyyyyy!!" Maya yells from the sink making me laugh.

"MY PRINCESAAAAA" Andy yells sprinting at me with Vic hot on her trail.

"SHES MINE HERERRA!!" She yells tackling her like a full middle linebacker.

"Hey kid." Miller says waving before stepping over Vic and Andy and walking to help Carina.

"OKAY! ENOUGH!" Vic yells standing up brushing herself off.

"WHO YOU DO YOU LOVE MORE MY SWEET GODCHILD!?"

"NO, NO! MAYA AND CARINA SAID IF THEY DIE THE STATION DECIDES WHO GETS HER!! IM HER GODMOTHER!"

"NO IM HER GODMOTHER ASSWIPE!"

"Oh my- guys! Why don't you guys just get married and have one big fruity wedding and then you can both get me???" I ask tired of the bickering and maya busts out laughing.

"That's disgusting!! Even if I was fruity, I wouldn't go for Andy!! Ida gone for Carina." Vic says sitting down next to me making maya and Carina whip around in shock.

"Hughes.. don't make me kill you." Maya warns pointing at her with a die washing brush.

"Hey! I'm not fruity so it's not like I'd do that! It's just Carina has an accent and has a beautiful complexion and she smells like vanilla and oh my gosh, her ass-"

And then maya throws the brush at her, smacking her dead in the face making all of us giggle loudly.

"Awe bambina, always been the jealous type." Carina teases walking away from the stove and kissing maya gently.

"Guys! Get a room!" Andy exclaims gagging. "Let's go kid, we can start a movie." Andy says ruffling my hair I follow behind her and Vic slowly pouts before following after us. Before we know it Vic, Andy and I are all invested into 20 minutes of the proposal with Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock.

"Dinner kids!!" Carina yells giggling and I stay seated on the couch while Andy and Vic run into the kitchen.

I'm not hungry.

About 5 minutes go by and Carina pops her head out the door of the kitchen.

"Bambina. Dinner." She says once again and I sigh. "I'm not hungry." I whisper turning to see Carina staring at me with her hands on her hips.

"Well either way you're gonna come sit with us because the family is over." She explains before turning and walking into the kitchen, I slowly follow behind her and I'm met by the wonderful smell of carinas cooking.

"Are you sure you're not hungry monkey?? We have enough!" Maya explains and I nod. "Yeahhh I ate a lot at lunch."

I didn't eat anything at lunch.

"Okay honey. Just wanted to check."

I nod and we all talk a little bit at dinner.

Finally we finish and me Vic and Andy go back to watching our movie joined by maya and Carina. Miller fell asleep in the recliner with seconds.

QOTD
Where are y'all located?