Ch. 15 Withdrawals

Emberleys POV

I wake up the next morning on the couch shivering a little.

"Hey monkey, want some breakfast?" I shake my head no to mayas offer and I feel an instant wave of nausea.

As I'm throwing up I feel Carina rubbing my back and holding my hair.

"This is the withdrawal part. Where she is cranky, has fevers, is nauseous and any other awful symptom you can think of." I hear a familiar voice say behind me.

Of course I'm too busy puking straight bile to pay attention to who it is.

I finish and lay my face against the toilet seat, embracing the cold porcelain on my face. Usually I'd be grossed out by that, but I'm fucking hot.

"Emberley, you probably don't remember me, we met when you were younger, im Doctor Shepherd."

I put my hand in the air not bothering to speak or turn around because I'm literally dying.

I feel a cold towel drape around my neck and I sigh in relief.

"Thank you. Thank you." I whisper gratefully.

Maya and Carina help me up and they help me walk into the next room.

I plop down on the couch exhausted and I see a little girl standing at the doorway.

"J-juniper it's nice to meet you. My name is Emberley." I whisper through my heavy breaths. She walks behind carina and she hides a bit. Almost as if she's scared.

"I know I haven't been very nice. But I'm trying to change. And I'd like to get to know you." I say a little clearer and she nods still hiding.

"I've seen your room! D-do you like princesses?"

She nods almost excitedly but still cautious.

"Princesses are awesome." I say smiling warmly and she returns it.

I'm trying here kid.

"D-do you like plants?" She asks quietly and I chuckle. "I guess that was obvious wasn't it?"

She nods and I nod back. "Yes. I love plants."

"Juni, wanna go watch princesses in your room while we have a talk with Emberley?"

She nods and she runs to her room and carina and maya sit across from me while Amelia sits in a chair she pulled up.

"Rules, no leaving. We've called the school, we've let them know that you got into a bit of trouble and that you'll be online for a few days. Just till we can detox you. After that, Carina will drive you. We do not trust you. And we will not trust you till you are honest with us. Trust is earned Emberley. Next, Amelia is an ex addict. She will be staying here to help us because this is hard. Do you understand?"

I nod and they nod back.

Eventually I fall asleep and I drift into complete darkness.

Mayas POV

"Hey guys, im gonna run to the hospital to grab some fluids and some other things, you two need anything?" Amelia asks and I shrug. "I'm good." Carina nods as well and Amelia is on her way.
I follow carina into the kitchen and I start to kiss her neck.

"Mmm baby-" she whispers and I smirk against her skin.

She lets me continue my assault on her neck and she pulls away. "What is wrong??"

"Nothing." She says shrugging and I sigh. "We haven't had sex in 2 weeks carina. What is going on?"

Once again she shrugs and I can feel frustration build in my chest.

"Okay fine." I grumble walking to junipers room and I sit on her bed while she plays with her Barbie dolls.

"Mommy look!" She shouts and i gasp.

"Oh- oh I'm sorry." She whispers looking down and I smile softly. "That's okay honey. That's okay. You can choose what you'd like to call carina and I and when you want to call us it. We will never treat you different based on what you call us."

She nods and I smile. Funny how my kids can change my emotions in seconds.

We sit for a while and then I see Emberley run past the door into the bathroom.

I go and hold her hear and she sobs the most gut wrenching sobs as she lays her head on the toilet and I sigh. "I'm sorry mom. I'm sorry for everything I've done." She says closing her eyes tight and I tsk.

"It's okay. Shhhh. Just calm down." I say brushing her hair out of her face.

"I've made the worst decisions and I feel so bad. It just happened. I am so sorry mom!"

I nod and I sit with em and Amelia walks in.

"Emberley, let's talk a bit."

Emberleys POV

"Emberley, have you ever heard the beginning prayer at an NA meeting?"

I shake my head no while clutching the blanket on my shoulders.

"It says 'God help me to accept the things I cannot change and to have the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference."

"And?" I ask exhausted.

"You cannot continuously apologize for things you DID. You can't take them back. You can say sorry and accept it if they don't accept your apology. Never apologize just to hear someone tell you it's okay. Your moms know you are sorry. Don't focus on the things you can't change. Focus on the things you can." She explains and I nod. "Thank you Amelia."

She nods and smiles a bit and I smile back.

"You will have to start coming with me to NA meetings. They help a lot." I nod again and slowly I start to drift into darkness.

AHHHHHH we Stan Amelia.

QOTD
Think carina and maya are okay?