Ch. 7 Scrapes and Bruises

Carinas POV

"Find my fucking daughter Dixon." Maya spits into the phone angrily before hanging it up.

"So what time did she leave the station???" I ask trying to play this over in my mind.

"She left the station at like 4:30. She said she was coming home." I check my watch and it reads "7:26"

"Okay. Okay. Let's just stay calm! She's fine. She's fine Maya." I say trying to get ahold of my anxiety.

"She could be anywhere Carina! It's been hours!!"

I nod and I pace around our kitchen.

"Who all is looking for her?"

"The police, the station and jo and Schmitt were off so they're looking too."

"And why are we just sitting here?"

"Because she might get spooked if she sees us. And someone needs to be at the house to see if she just got caught up."

I nod again and I just feel so worried. "I wish we knew where she was."

Mayas phone starts ringing and I turn to look at her hopeful.

"This is bishop." She says seriously into the speaker.

"Hey cap, it's Warren. I found her. Meet me at the hospital."

Immediately she hangs up and we run to the car at a dead sprint. As soon as my foot reaches the front step I run into someone making both of us fall to the ground.

"Carina?? Maya?? Where are you guys going??" Emberley asks seeming worried. "Oh my gosh!!" I yell pulling her into my embrace sitting on the ground.

"What???" She asks confused as to why I'm squeezing her so tight.

"Who was Warren talking about???" I ask Maya cocking my head and she shrugs. "I have no idea. We'll figure it out later. But YOU" she points to Emberley sternly. "You cannot just disappear for 3 hours!! We were scared!!!" she yells pulling her off of the ground and into her arms.

"It's been 3 hours???" She asks shocked and we both nod. Maya gives her a good squeeze and lets go and I get a glimpse of her right hand. All bloody and swollen. "Oh my gosh!!" I yell pulling it into my hands and she looks away anxiously.

"What happened???"

"Had a boxing match with a tree.. the tree won." She jokes chuckling dryly.

"Oh my gosh." I repeat when I see her other hand. "How did this happen??" I ask looking to maya and back to Em.

"I was sad and just did it." She explains shrugging. "Okay honey. How about this, we go to the hospital and I'll get link to look at your hands and maya can figure out who Warren was talking about."

She nods and I sigh. "Come on bambina." I say pulling maya behind me as we walk to her truck.

Emberleys POV

We arrive to the hospital and Doctor Lincoln looks at my knuckles and Doctor Avery looks at my scrapes. They said since it's my knuckles they'll just have to heal themselves. Throwing a stitch in would be pointless and knuckles will heal themselves.

Sooo I decide to be nosey and follow maya around looking for Warren.

"Bishop!!" He yells jogging to us from across the hall.

"What girl we're you talking about Warren?"

"The girl! You told us to look for her! I found her!"

"Oh!! That girl!! Okay!! Where??? Is she okay??"

"She's skittish. She doesn't like me or any other man. She hates older men."

Maya nods and I feel a sense of panic run through me. What if this girl replaces me?? She's just like me.

Maya walks into her room and I follow in behind her which just makes her mad. "Emberley. Hallway. Now." She scolds and I roll my eyes before stomping to the hall. I took a good look at the girl huddled in the corner before I left.

Junipers POV

I need to leave. I need to get out. There's people everywhere. I'm cornered.

"Hey honey." The blonde lady says, trying to soothe me.

I look at her with wide eyes and I keep my huddled position.

"Just come here. I won't hurt you I promise. I'm maya. I'm a firefighter."

I look her up and down and don't move a muscle. Hell. No.

"Fuck you." I spit, venom laced in my tone. Obviously, she looks taken back. A 5 year old just said one of the worst cuss words to exist. I'd be shocked too.

The blinds clatter from her shoulder brushing them and I flinch.

"GET DOWN!!! He's coming!!!!" My mom yells slamming the blinds shut and dropping onto the couch anxiously.

He opens the door and he stumbles in, a bottle of crown clenched in his giant hands.

"Margret, go to our room." He slurs pointing the crown bottle at her. She does as told and he sits on the couch next to me.

When his butt meets the cushions the entire floor shook.

"What are you doing runt??" He asks gruffly and I shrug. "N-nothing." I murmur quietly. My moms rules for drunk dad:

Don't speak too loud, don't breathe too loud, do as he says, don't touch him, don't look at him and for the love of God, don't talk back to him.

"Come here baby. Daddy has a game." He whispers with a devious smile making my stomach churn.

I approach him, taking gentle steps and his smile grows. "Closer. I also need you kneeling in front of me." He drops me to my knees and I scrunch my face up.

"You smell bad daddy." I whisper trying to get away and he grabs me by a clump of my hair and smashes my face into the crotch of his jeans before rubbing my face back and forth, groaning.

You can guess what happened next.

"GET AWAY!!!!" I screech hurdling out of my bed and cowering in the corner. The firefighter stared at me sadly.

QOTD
ever been in a fight??