Ch. 22 Explanations

Emberleys POV

I am escorted to the back of a police car in cuffs and I see juni and carina watching in awe.

Juni is hiding behind carina like I'm a monster. Like I'll lash out and hurt her the way I hurt him.

I don't see carina get in her car to come and get me. They just stand in the doorway of the hospital, shocked.

We arrive at the station and I'm booked into the system and then put into an interrogation room by myself.

I hear the door click and I look up to see what I assume is an investigator walk in.

"Hey Emberley, how are you doing? Need a drink? Some food?"

I shrug and he sighs.

"Tell me a little about what happened at the hospital. We reviewed some tapes. Showing Coach Matthews going into the restroom first and around 10 minutes later you walk in, then suddenly you walk out a mess with your mom and Dr Wilson. Then all of a sudden you're fighting him in the hallway?? What happened in that bathroom kid?"

I shrug once more and he sighs.

"You can talk to me. You won't get into trouble. This isn't your fault. He is an adult. You are a child. That is rape."

We sit in silence for a second, not even- A breath. And I spill.

"H-he slept with me." I whisper looking down at my hands in the chains.

"Okay. I'm going to turn this on is that okay?" He asks flipping on a camera and I nod.

This isn't my first interrogation for a rape.

I spill everything. From the kiss, to the fucking, to the blowjob, to the assault in the hallway.

By the end of this spill of information I am a sobbing mess, crouched in the corner, begging for my mom.

Explaining all of the gory details of my affair with Coach Matthews triggered something in me.

It triggered a fight or flight action. And I'm trying to fly.

"M-mom." I whisper rocking back and forth sobbing as 3 police officers and the investigator stared at me.

"If 98 times 56 is 5,488 then you can fit that amount of people in a room that's 98 feet, but you have to take into consideration the volume and width of the people which-"

Eventually I'm spewing out words at such a rapid pace no one is even trying to reason with me.

Carinas POV

"Mrs. Deluca Bishop please come now. It's bad." A man says popping his head into the hallway of the sheriffs department. I stand and follow him to a room where my daughter sits, rocking herself back and forth. A shard of glass from a cup in her hand.

"Emberley look at me." I whisper and her eyes flicker to mine and I see that brokenness in her. The same brokenness I saw in my little girl when we finally got her back.

I can see the trauma that lays behind her eyes and deep in her soul.

"It's carina. I am real. You are here. Look at me again." I whispered, scared to startle her. Her eyes once again flicker to mine then over to the large police officer.

"Out please" I snap and he nods stepping out and em visibly relaxed.

"Okay he's gone em. Just you and I. Let's set the glass down." She shakes her head no and I sigh. "Set it down please Emberley. I don't want to have to get physical with you to get it away from you."

She pulls her sleeve up and she holds the shard firmly against her skin and i spring into action. There is no reaction time for her. It is simply me flying at her to get that shard away from her.

"Emberley!!" I shout yanking the glass away from her. After tussling for a bit a finally get it free from her grip and i through it across the room while she's screeching like a banshee.

"GET OFF! GET OFF!! LET ME FUCKING DIE"

"Please. Please calm down." I whisper holding her head and rocking us back and forth. She just continues to thrash around, screaming and clawing at her skin and eventually I had enough.

"EMBERLEY!" I shout getting eye to eye with her which makes her be quiet. "Please. Please calm down." I whisper pushing my forehead against hers.

Finally she's knocked back into reality and she just begins sobbing.

"He-he slept with me!" She shouted through her heartbreaking cries. "I'm sorry bambina. I'm so sorry." I whisper feeling anger boil in me.

I need to find that motherfucker now.