Ch. 11 Shut down

Emberleys POV

After a long night of constant nightmares I decided to stay awake after the 4th. After maya told me about the papers I wanted nothing to do with her. I shut her out.

I've shut them both out.

I'm simply existing in their house.

I get out of bed and throw on some clothes before beginning to walk out of the house when Carina stops me.

"Here you go." She whispers handing my phone to me and I take it and walk out the front door silently. Obviously Carina has given up on keeping me attached at the hip.

I walk to school listening to my music and then "only love can hurt like this" comes on.

I feel a twinge in my heart and I sigh. My whole life is falling apart.

I kissed my coach, my best friends are fucking, my parents are replacing me. I'm just not good enough for them.

I get to school and immediately pax is on my hip.

I can faintly hear his murmurs and I turn my music up louder.

I get into Mrs. Barton's and I sit at the seat next to her desk without complaint.

She walks in and gasps dramatically and I put my head down on my arms.

I'm just done with this.

Junipers POV

"D-does she not like me?" I ask quietly to Maya after the angry girl leaves.

"No, that's not it honey. She's just struggling with the adjustment of having another baby in the house. She'll get over it love. Meanwhile, you have a shake waiting for you!!"

She takes me to the table and I sit down feeling a little upset.

"Maya, why can't I eat real food like you and Carina??"

"Well Bambina, it's because your tummy was made a little too small by your daddy because he didn't feed you enough and so introducing too much food can overload your system!!"

I nod and I take a sip and I make a sour face.

"I don't like it Carina." I whisper pushing it away and she sighs.

"If you drink the rest we can watch movies."

I look at her excitedly and nod.

"I love movies!!"

I drink half of it and that's okay with Carina so we go to the couch.

"What movie??"

"C-can we watch lady and the tramp?? My mommy liked that movie." I whispered looking down to my fingers feeling tears well up in my eyes.

"Of course we can sweetie. Do you want us next to you or do you want us in the recliners?"

"Next to me please." I whisper and they both smile. "Of course." They both say before sitting next to me happily.

We get through with Cinderella and then around 45 minutes into beauty and the beast and Carina and I hear soft snores.

We both turn our heads to see Maya out like a light and we giggle softly. Carina turns off the movie and she grabs my hand and we cover maya with a blanket and walk to my room.

"Alright honey, what room decorations do you want? I'm sorry it looks like an office right now, we still have to move furniture out."

"I get to choose my decorations??" I ask excitedly, my eyes lighting up.

"Well of course Bella."

"My name is Juniper." I whisper turning my head, my heart hurting at the fact she forgot my name.

"No, no. I'm Italian honey. I speak a different language than you and maya that's why I talk so funny. Bella in my language means beautiful. You'll hear me say that a lot. I call Emberley bambina, which means baby. You'll hear that a lot as well."

I nod and she smiles. "Understand?"

I nod and she smiles once more.

"Princesses?" I ask and she cocks her head.

"What about them honey?"

"Can I have princesses in my room?" I ask innocently looking up to her.

"Absolutely Bella."

Emberleys POV

"Em!! Wait up!! I need to talk to you!!" Pax yells grabbing my arm causing me to yank it from his grasp.

"What?? What do you want Paxton?"

"I- we- it wasn't what it looked like em."

"Oh really?? That's so funny, cause I could've sworn I saw you both bare ass naked in bed on top of each other fucking like bunnies but I must be fucking blind right pax??"

"No-"

"Or maybe I'm just dumb! Yeah maybe that's it. Thinking that you'd see me. Thinking that you'd think I was beautiful. Thinking that you knew that I was in love with you. Maybe I'm just fucking stupid Paxton."

"I-I didn't know-"

"Of course you didn't. That's because you're full of testosterone and other stupid man hormones. Guess what pax? Unlike Bella, I don't need a dick in me to see my worth. I am a beautiful and powerful woman and I have been through hell. I can live without you and your shitty friend with benefits."

"Em please-"

"Oh what? Bored of her? Want me now? Sorry babe. That's not how this works. Go screw your desperate girlfriend."

I turn to leave and I turn back to him once more.

"Oh and by the way, she slept with Lucas. Not only did he loosen her up for you, he used the back door."

And with that I march down the hall to athletics.

"Coach, I need to talk with you." I whisper and he nods before leading me to his office and closing the blinds and locking the door.

"What is it Em-"

I cut him off with a hard kiss, needy to forget my pain.

"No- em"

"Please. Please just make me forget. I'm in pain. Help me."

"After school. After practice. When everyone leaves. Come here. We can fix it."

This is one way to numb the pain.

Ahhhhh she's being a dumb bitch isn't she?? Ah when teenagers. What can we do?

QOTD
How are you guys? If you ever need me, let me know. I love you all so much. And I am so very proud of every single one of you.