Chapter 10

Harry's P.O.V

I was cleaning up the kitchen after having dinner with Gemma. She was in the living room fixing up a movie for us to watch. I was zoning out rather than focusing on the task at hand.

"Hey babe. Can we meet later tonight at our special place? Need to tell you something." Zayn's text read.

"Sure. Is everything alright?"

"Yeah. I feel like I need to tell you over in person rather than through texts"

"Harry" Gemma gently shook my shoulder snapping me out of my daze.

"What's going on? You keep zoning out"

I have been thinking about him a lot lately. How could I not? Ezra is just like his father. A mini replica you could say. That's one reason why I don't want people on the internet to know how Ezra looks. Then he would know too. I have already kept his son away from him and I don't want him to find out through the internet that he's the father.

"You got a chance with a record label in New York" I cheered.

"Yep" he said hugging me.

"I'm so proud of you" I tightened my hold against his waist.

"Thanks baby. It sucks I won't be able to spend the holidays with you"

I swear he looks at acts like Zayn. The same smile. His eyes crinkle up the way Zayn's does. He has acrophobia just like his father. Good lord I have never seen someone obsessed with chicken like these two. Did I also mention he is a perfect artist just like.... His father. The only thing he got from me was my dimples. Zayn with his stupid strong genes.

"This is getting too much Zayn" I sighed on the verge of tears.

"Then come with me to New York"

"You want me to leave my whole life behind and follow you to New York. Maybe your life is now over there, mine isn't"

"Will you at least wait for me then?" he asked tears pooling in his eyes.

"How long" I choked, tears threatening to fall down.

"I don't know" he said placing our foreheads together.

"I can't just spent months or years hoping you would walk through and come back home one day" A lone tear escaped my eyes.

"Baby please"

"Tell me how long do I have to wait? Tell me if you would come back one day? Just tell me" I sobbed.

"You don't have an answer do you. Thought so" I said pulling away.

"Harry" I should have stopped then when he called. I didn't I walked away. Not alone. But with our little bub who was still in my belly. I should have told him about Ezra. Despite whatever our situation was. I had no right to separate a dad from his son. But I did.

I was too drowned in my misery, heartbroken from losing him to realise that I was making a mistake. A mistake of separating a father and son.

"I did the wrong thing back didn't I Gem? I asked, in a broken whisper.

"Harry" she hesitated.

"Ever since Ezra was born till now all of you walked around me like I was a fragile piece of glass ready to break again. But I want to know the truth. Just tell me Gemma. Tell me I made the wrong decision" I yelled.

"Knowing that there's a little one who is part of you out there but you don't even know a little bit about them, that's going to hurt."

"You and I or anyone who knew Zayn knows how much he loves kids. How much he wanted one with you. And he has. Your little Ezra. And he doesn't even know that Harry. How do you think he would feel when he knows that he has been a father to a two year old child?" tears rolled down her face.

"How do you think he's going to feel knowing that he missed two years of his own son's life?"

"But I also know that my little brother was hurt, scared and lonely. You didn't know what to do then Harry. And you chose what you thought was right for you then. Maybe you also didn't want anything to do with Zayn after your breakup.

But you forgot that he left a part of him with you."

"I don't know what to do Gem. I want to call him and go to his house and talk everything out. I want to click on that stupid Instagram dm's and sent something. But it's like two steps forwards and ten steps backwards" I sobbed. She walked closer to me, pulling me in for a hug.

"I'm already two years late for that Gem. And Ezra is turning three and..." I cried harder against her chest.

"Calm down Haz. When Zayn finds out, know that you will have me by your side even if there's no one else."

I hope when that days comes, I have the strength to go through it.

~•~

So this was kind of meh😭💀🏃🏻‍♀️... What do you guys think about the whole situation?

What's your take on the matter?