Chapter 160

Louis's P.O.V

✓ I knew there was a crack, my brain told me to look, my heart told me to ignore✓

I knew in the back of my mind that something just didn't feel right.

I knew something had changed in my life.

And maybe in the back of my mind I did know the reason, the cause for it.

But I chose to ignore it.

Because I didn't want even a percent of my fear to be the truth I was dreading to face.

When did things change?

What had happened?

Was it my fault?

Did I do something wrong?

No.

No.

No.

Everything is alright not was.

I'm fine.

He's fine.

We are fine.

Nothing has changed.

We are okay.

Everything's okay.

Was it in actual fact okay?

Or was I saying stuff in my head to convince myself otherwise.

I knew there was a crack

My brain told me to look

My heart told me to ignore.

♪ • ♪

✓ “The worst kind of pain is when your heart cry and your eyes are dry” ✓

A stinging pain in my heart. A thousand of needles all poking at once. My hand going up to clutch my chest. As if that would stop the pain that's spreading across every vein in my body. The worst part is, I don't the cause of this unknown pain. It has been there, lingering around like a ghostly shadow ready to bounce when I least expect it.

♪ • ♪

✓ “We fell into a well called love, and only you were able to get out.”✓

It has been twenty minutes since you left the house Liam. We just had a fight. It wasn't one of the usual disagreements we would have, that we would talk and move past it. Something in my gut told me this time is something worse than what I ever thought of.

You did came back home late that night Pookie, probably at the crack of dawn. Drunk out of your mind, slurred speech, lipstick stain on your shirt and hickey on your neck.

I didn't give you that hickey Pookie neither was that lipstick stain on your shirt mine nor was the perfume you reeked off.

You know what excuse you gave me the next morning. You were drunk. And you didn't know how you got the hickey or that lipstick stain.

But I love you and know you well enough to realise that you were lying.

You could have told me the truth pookie. And maybe we could have worked our way through it. But all you said were lies upon lies. And that broke the small hope that I had held out for you, for us.

We both did fall into a well of love. I was still stuck there. But you seemed to have escaped.

♪ • ♪