Chapter Seventy One

Harry's P.O.V

✓ The night when I was alone✓

I remember we used to talk about what it would feel like to have a family of our own. You had this special spark in your eyes whenever you talked about our little one we would have in the future.

And we finally got that. Our little Ezra.

When you moved to New York, I wondered if our relationship would survive the distance. And for a while it did. But then I couldn't do it any longer.

I remember holding the test in my hand, seeing that positive sign. I remember seeing the words "pregnant" printed out on my medical report.

I could have told you the last time we saw each other. I could have shown you our little bubba's first ultrasound. But I didn't.

And I know that my sorry won't erase that. My tears won't erase anything. You won't be able to forget that pain or hurt.

I know I had no right separating the two of you.

~•~

✓ The night when Gemma visits ✓

"You okay" Gemma asked sitting down next to me.

Am I okay? Did I even have an answer to that question. No I didn't.

I didn't know how to be okay knowing that I hurt him.

I didn't know how to be okay knowing that our own son hates his dad.

"I don't know" I whispered, looking down at my hands.

"You want to talk about it"

"Zayn knows"

I always dreaded the day he would find out. He always wished to be a father. And when did have the chance to go through that, I took that away from him.

~•~

✓ The talk with Ezra ✓

I have been standing outside my son's room for about twenty minutes. Contemplating on the fact about telling him who is father actually is.

He really loves his Bambi uncle you know. The night after everything went down, he woke up with a cute frown asking where his Bambi uncle was. But would that love change when he knows that his Bambi uncle is his dad?

In his poor heart, he always thought that his dad hated him and abandoned us. I know it's my fault to not know what was going through his little mind. I know I should have told him about who his father was.

"Are you asleep bubba?" I stepped into his room only to find him staring at me with wide bambi eyes, caught red handed eating a Mars ice-cream bar.

Just like his father

"Uh oh" he pouted, quickly hiding it away.

"What did we say about eating ice cream before going to bed?" I asked sitting down next to him.

"Sowwy papa" I swear to God I could never stay mad at this little fluff ball.

"It's okay Ezra" I said, carrying him and placing him on my lap, him busy munching away his ice cream bar.

"Ezra, can papa tell you something and promise me that you won't be mad?"

"Whwat is wit papa"

"It's about your dada"

"Nwo. Ezra nwo want twwo hwear abwout dada" he mumbled.

"Ezra..."

"Nwo papa. If dada lovwed Ezra and papa he nwo lweave Ezra and papa"