Chapter Fifty Five

Zayn's P.O.V

✓ The night when Kieran(Niall's boyfriend) came over for dinner ✓

“I thought we were best friends” I heard Kieran say as he walked into the kitchen while I was busy drying up the dishes.

“I prepared you your favourite dinner. Bought you that pair of shoes you have been dying to get your hands on. And then you come and say that you thought we were friends. Ungrateful brat” I sassed drying up the last plate and putting it away.

“How could you do this to me?” He said kind of of dramatically or kind of serious. I don't know.

“What do you mean?” I was confused.

“You had a whole ass kid and hid that from me. I was supposed to be the favourite uncle. And you robbed that away” He said handing me my phone, showing me a picture of Ezra.

“He is not my kid Key” I chuckled. How could Ezra be my kid. That's just absurd.

“Oh yeah. And I am fucking vampire” he huffed.

“Vampire. Seriously” I quirked my eyebrows.

“I thought we were stating facts that weren't true” he said in duh tone.

“Ezra is not my son Key. Trust me if I had a kid, you guys would have known about it”

“Zayn, do I look like a fool to you?” He questioned.

“Yes you do” I said in a singing voice.

“This Ezra kid looks exactly like you. Like a freaking carbon copy. If you don't see the similarities, I think it's about time you get glasses mate” he placed the phone on my palm.

~•~

✓ The night Zayn and Niall had a movie night ✓

My thoughts and mind were all drawn back to the day Kieran came over. The conversation we had kept on playing in a loop in my head. I didn't want to think a lot about it. But something in my heart didn't agree to it.

I swear later that night, I sat down next to my bed, staring at my phone in hand. Analysing the shit out that simple picture I had with Ezra the last time I was at the grocery store.

I didn't want to believe it. I didn't. Maybe I was in denial. Maybe I didn't want to accept the truth that I could be the father of the little one who calls me Bambi uncle with the greatest smile on his face.

Could it be?

“Nialler, can I ask you question?” I asked putting the bowl of popcorn away and pausing the movie.

“What's up Zaynie boy?”

“Do you think Ezra and I look alike?” I asked.

“Umm... Kieran did talk about it and I didn't think about it that much.

We have been friends for a really long time Zayn. And I know you like an open book. And I also know that if I agree with the doubts you have in mind, it's going to scare you more than you already are”

“So you think it's true” I tried to ask without breaking down. His silence was enough answer to the question.

~•~

✓ The day Zayn went to the grocery store again✓

“Hey Billy” I said startling the poor guy. I sheepishly smiled rubbing the back of my neck.