Chapter 1 - Issue 'X'

How can Gibbs expect us to just act like everything is back to the way it was seven years ago. Especially after we've all gotten married! This doesn't make any sense... Someone must have done something to really piss him off. Of all things to take back, it had to be rule 12...

"Hey, Ash!" Jimmy walks up behind me and wraps me in his arms.

"Hey, Jimmy." I sigh.

"Ashton, are you alright? You seem down." He looks at me and my expression drops, "Hey! Babe, what's going on?"

"It's Gibbs... When he came back to the squad room earlier... He told us that rule 12 is back. I can't make contact with you during work. I'm not allowed to discuss cases with you outside of work... This is hell." I start to cry.

"Oh my god..." Jimmy's face goes pale.

"What?"

"This is all my fault... It really is. Gibbs came down earlier and found Michelle... He told me he was bringing rule 12 and it would be more like hell than before. My god. I didn't think he would actually do it!"

"Michelle? She was back again? When Ducky wasn't there?!" I start to get upset.

"Ok. That's not the issue right now! The issue is that Gibbs brought that damned rule back, and you're worrying about my ex?!"

"Why wouldn't I! Last time you saw her, you let her kiss you! Who knows what you did with no one around to watch! For all I know you..." I stop.

"Ashton. I swear..."

"Fine... But what are we going to do about all of this?" I ask, wrapping my arms around his neck, talking into his cologne covered shirt.

"I don't know."

"But what if we're at work and I need you? What if I..."

"If you what?" Jimmy asks, pulling away to look me in the face.

"Jimmy... What if our baby decides to come while we're at work?"