Chapter 2 - Darling

"They will be at school...?" Jimmy says questioningly.

"Jimmy. I'm pregnant. Again." I say. Jimmy looks at me confused.

"When did that happen?!"

"I found out yesterday... But what will we do? Like what if I need you during work?" I look at him as a tear rolls down my cheek. He wraps his arms around me and holds me there.

"I will figure this out. I promise everything will be alright."

We go into the house and I quietly start preparing dinner. Thoughts race through my mind. Gibbs is going to tear our families apart. I place the vegetables in the soup pot as I hear small footsteps behind me. "Hi, Mommy!" Sydney squeals wrapping her arms around my waist.

"Hello, Syd!" I put down the knife I was cutting the vegetables with and picked Sydney up to hug her.

"How was work, Mommy?" She looks straight into my eyes.

"Not the best today." I frown. She wraps her arms around my neck.

"Why not?"

"Nothing that you would understand..."

"Mommy. I would, too! I'm this many now." Sydney smiles and holds up four fingers.

"That's right... Now go get your brothers and sister. Daddy and I have something to tell you, ok?" I set her down. She smiles and runs up the stairs to the play room. "James. Can you come in here?"

"Yes, Mom." Jimmy jokes. I push his shoulder. "What do you need, darling?"

"That's better..." I smirk, "I wanted to tell the kids about the baby!"

"Mommy! Daddy!" Addy yells once she enters the kitchen.

"Hello, sunshine!" Jimmy hugs her as all the rest surround him, "Ahhh! I'm being attacked!" He falls to ground. I sigh and laugh.