Chapter 8 - Smiles

"Mommy? Daddy?" Sydney asks, peeking around the doorway leading into our bedroom.

"Yes, sweetie?" I respond putting down my book. She crawls up in between us.

"Will you forget about me when the new baby is born?" She looks down at her feet.

"Darling! Why would you ever say a thing like that? We could never forget about you!" Jimmy says, wrapping her in a hug.

"That's what Riley, Addy, and Peyton told me. They said that you only pay attention to me because I'm the baby."

"That is anything but true! We would never forget about any of you. We love you way to much." I kiss her forehead.

"That's what they think though."

"Hun, should I go get them? I think we have some explaining to do." Jimmy stands. I nod my head and watch him leave the room. Sydney leans her head on me and looks into my eyes. "Got them."

"Ok kids. Sydney told us that you think we have forgotten about all of you. That is completely not true. The reason Sydney gets a lot of our attention is because she's younger. She needs more supervision. It has nothing to do with us loving her more than you. Believe me, you are our most prized possessions. We cherish the time we have with all of you. I'm sorry you all feel that way." I say.

"We're sorry momma... We just like attention too." Addy looks down.

"We get that, princess. But we have four kids, soon to be five. It's much different than when you were a baby and we only had you and Riley." Jimmy says.

"I love you, mama, and dada." Peyton hugs Jimmy.

"We love you guys, too." Jimmy smiles.