Chapter 17 - Unofficial

*Ashton's POV*

"I don't want to believe this." Tony says sitting up. He grabs the back of his head as he winces in pain.

"Don't want to believe, what, Tony?" Ziva asks, obviously concerned.

"Well... You see, Ziva... Anthony and I... We have a child." Anna says calmly.

"You what? Anthony DiNozzo! Why the hell would you not tell me this?! I can't believe you would hide something like this from your own wife!" Ziva rushes out of the office and down the stairs, and I follow closely behind. She makes her way to her desk, sits down, and puts her head on her hands.

"Ziva, are you alright?" I ask as I slowly approach her.

"What the hell do you think? My own husband hiding from me the fact that he has a child with another woman, when we can't even have our own?" Ziva throws her face into her hands and sobs.

"But, you are going to have your own. Even if I'm the one carrying this baby for you, it still belongs to you and Tony. Besides, do you really believe he wouldn't tell you about that? I bet he didn't even know about the child." She sits there, head still in her hands. I slowly sit down on the side of her desk and place my hand on her shoulder. "Zi... You can't blame him for this. Besides, it isn't worth it." Slowly she raises her head to look at me. Even with her only crying a short time, her mascara was driving down her cheeks.

"I know that I can not blame him for this, Ashton. It is just that I am an emotional wreck because of this whole child situation." She throws her arms up into the air before continuing to wipe the tears from her face, "I guess what I am trying to say is, the two of us have tried and failed to have a child, but he has a child with another woman? It hurts, Ashton. It really does."

"I'm not denying that it does, Zi, but you have to have some faith in him." I wrap my arms around her waist and squeeze. We sit in silence for what seems like an eternity before Anna makes her way down the stairs.

"Excuse me... Ziva? I'd like to apologize. I didn't mean for this to become a big thing... I should have told Anthony as soon as I found out I was expecting our son. But I didn't. It's my fault and I completely understand if you are mad at me. Just please. Don't be mad at Anthony." Anna says, quietly.

"If you do not mind my asking, why did you not tell him?" Ziva asks, trying to hold back her tears.

"I didn't tell him about our child, because when I found out I was pregnant, we had just broken up. I didn't want to make things even worse. I was hurting and didn't want to make that pain stronger by admitting that I was carrying his son. When I finally got the courage to tell him, the two of you had become an unofficial thing, and I didn't want to ruin things between you."