Chapter 7 - Newspaper

We arrive at the restaurant and find Jimmy, Tony, and Tim sitting at a long table. A glass of beer in front of each of them. Once we've all gotten situated and had our dinners ordered our husbands tell us what was going on. "So. Gibbs says that if he sees us getting worse he will have the rule changed back throughout the system?" I ask.

"That's what he said." Tony smiles at Ziva, "Maybe this means our discussion last night still has hope!"

"What was your discussion about?" Madison pipes in.

"We are going to try to have a baby." Ziva smiles at Madison.

"Wait? Doesn't that mean we get a new baby cousin?" Addy squeals with excitement.

"Calm down!" Jimmy laughs, "Technically no. He or she wouldn't be your real cousin. But you can still treat them like they are."

"Baby! Baby! Baby!" Sydney chants.

"Well, Zi. I guess you don't have a choice any more... All the kids have their hopes up for a new baby in the mix." Abby laughs. I look at Palmer and he nods.

"Actually... There will be a new baby in the mix..." I smile down to my stomach.

"No way!" McGee looks at me in disbelief, "Palmer, you're one lucky man."

"Hey!"

"Mommy! Why didn't you tell us?" Riley pouts.

"We were going to sweetie... But things happen and sometimes babies don't make it. We wanted to make sure our new baby was healthy before we told everyone."

"You're like a factory, you keep spitting them out!" Tony jokes.

"Did you just call my wife a factory?" Jimmy laughs.

"Maybe..." Tony says taking another sip of his beer.

"I think I'll just wait on telling Gibbs..." I say.

"You don't have to wait to tell me anything." Gibbs says, putting down the newspaper he had in front of his face. "I watched the way you interacted with each other... I miss that. If it's alright with you, I'd like to apologize. I acted to quickly. The rule will be changed back immediately. I'm sorry. I messed up."