Chapter 5 - Closing Doors

*Tony's POV*

I've been sitting across the living room for Ziva for almost an hour and neither of us have even said a word. It's Gibbs' rule. It's getting to the both of us. "Zi?" I ask quietly.

"Yes, Tony?" Ziva responds.

"Are you alright, my little ninja?" I pat on the couch next to where I'm seated. Slowly she stands up and slumps down into my arms.

"No."

"What is bothering you?" I try avoiding the obvious.

"Everything... Gibbs mostly, and..." She trails off and ends with a sad sigh.

"And what?" I place my hand under her chin and bring her to look at me.

"Watching Ashton and Jimmy's, and Abby and Tim's families grow... I just wish we had that. I want children, Tony."

"Well... I mean... We've tried before with no luck. What do you suggest we do?"

"I don't know... But right now this cannot be something we focus on. We need to focus on work. Being engaged to Gibbs' rules. Nothing more."

"But, Ziva... If this is something you want, we can't keep waiting. We aren't getting any younger."

"But with Gibbs we aren't growing stronger together either."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that if things keep going the way they are at work, we may not feel the same way anymore..."

"Are you starting to feel like that?" I ask as a tear forms in the corner of my eye.

"I do not know... Maybe? Can we please just wait for a few weeks? See if Gibbs changes things?"

"If that's what you really want... I guess that's what we will do."

"Thank you." Ziva kisses my cheek before going into our bedroom and closing the door.