Chapter 16 - Hurt

*Tony's POV*
"Hey, gu... Oh god." I say as I turn around to see Anna walking towards the car with my team.

"DiNozzo. I'd appreciate it if you would treat our new director with respect." Gibbs looks at me sternly.

"I'm sorry boss, but you expect me to work with someone who..."

"Who what, Tony?" Ziva asks.

"Who I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with." I say as a tear drips down my cheek.

"Anthony..." Anna starts.

"No. I don't want to talk to you."

"Anthony. Come with me please. We need to talk." Hesitantly, I follow Anna as she leads me back upstairs to her office.

"What is so important that you need to take me away from my work?"

"We need to sort things out. We are going to be working together now and I'm sure there are things that both of us need to know." Anna looks down at her hands.

"You want to know what you need to know? You broke my heart. You were the first person I ever wanted to be with for the rest of my life, but now? I'm married to an amazing woman... But... But there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about you." I say as tears collect in my eyes.

"Anthony... I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I broke off our engagement because I didn't feel the same spark I had before. Don't you think it would have felt even worse if I had waited until we were married?"

"It sure as hell would have, but that's not my point. My point is, you hurt me... So what do I need to know?"

"Well... I... Uhh... Anthony... You and I... We have a son. His name is Aiden. He's ten years old, and he needs his father." Upon hearing this I faint, and wake up to Anna, Gibbs, Ziva, Ashton, McGee, Ducky, and Palmer standing over me.

"Please tell me that this is all just a bad dream." I say, looking to Anna.

"I'm sorry, Anthony... But I can't."