Chapter 6 - A Man Walks Into a Bar

*Tony's POV*

"Alright, Gibbs." I barge through the door to see McGee and Palmer sitting at the conference table with him and Jeanine.

"What is it, Agent DiNozzo?" Jeanine asks, standing up.

"I... Uhh... About the rule change..." I say sheepishly.

"What about it?" Gibbs asks. I look over to see McGee and Palmer nod their heads.

"Same as them. I want it changed back."

"Sit." Jeanine says.

"You know, it's not that damn simple. Our team is always caught up in constant drama because of this whole situation and I'm tired of it." Gibbs raises his voice.

"It really isn't that simple. The rule has been changed in the system. All NCIS offices are now under the same policy. To change one we need to change them all, and at this point, it is very much effective in the other offices."

"So you'd rather have the best team at the NCIS headquarters fall apart? We're pretty much the best god damn team NCIS has ever had." McGee spazzes.

"Agent McGee."

"No, no... Jeanine, he might be right... I'll watch for a while and if I notice the team getting worse, I'll change the rule back. But until then, it remains unchanged." Gibbs says as he gets up and leaves. The three of us sit and look at each other as Jeanine follows Gibbs out.

"Well that went surprisingly well..." Palmer breaks the silence.

"It did... Nice work McSpazz." I smile.

"Thanks. So do we tell the girls?" McGee asks.

"I think so. Dinner tonight? Bring the kids?"

"Sounds like a plan." Palmer replies.

"Somewhere with a bar, right?" McGee laughs.