01.12

[act one; chapter twelve     -     zara, zara, zara]

Honestly, Andromeda was kind of jealous of Piper and Coach Hedge.

The Hunter Phoebe had set up this silver tent pavilion thing right outside the cave. How she'd done it so fast, the redhead had no idea, but inside was a kerosene heater keeping them toasty warm and a bunch of comfy throw pillows. Piper looked back to normal, decked out in a new parka, gloves, and camo pants like a Hunter. She, Hedge, and Phoebe were kicking back, drinking hot chocolate.

"Oh, no way," Leo said. "We've been sitting in a cave and you get the luxury tent? Somebody give me hypothermia. I want hot chocolate and a parka!"

Phoebe sniffed. "Boys," she said, like it was the worst insult she could think of.

"It's all right, Phoebe," Thalia said. "They'll need extra coats. And I think we can spare some chocolate."

Phoebe grumbled, but soon Andromeda, Leo, and Jason were also dressed in silvery winter clothes that were incredibly lightweight and warm. The hot chocolate was first-rate. The redhead daughter of Dionysus had changed her pants into a pair of those black and dark grey camo cargo pants, and pulled out a black hoodie from her backpack. She was still wearing her black and white Chucks, and her hair was now pulled back in a messy bun, random curls framing her face.

"Cheers!" said Coach Hedge. He crunched down his plastic thermos cup.

"That cannot be good for your intestines," Leo said.

Thalia pat Piper on the back. "You up for moving?"

Piper nodded. "Thanks to Phoebe, yeah. You guys are really good at this wilderness survival thing. I feel like I could run ten miles."