02.1

[act two; chapter one     -     the mystery of andromeda]

Zara March was not an angry person. She was calm and quiet, and gentle with her hands and kind with her words. She was not an angry person. Well, not typically anyway.

But as of late she's found herself losing her temper, snapping at people—typically her friends—and isolating herself beyond belief.

She was so angry, and she hated it. She hated being angry, she hated feeling the burning in her gut or the sharpness in her heart, she hated hearing the edge in her voice.

She was so godsdamn angry.

Currently she was on patrol with Hazel and Frank at the tunnel like she had everyday for the last week after she punched Octavian in the face.

Gods, she was acting like Andromeda, going around punching people when they made her angry.

It was supposed to be a normal thing, a normal day. She had patrolled the tunnel so many times before and it was the same every time. But apparently the gods were playing jokes on her because she really, truly did not expect to see a boy carrying a goddess towards their home.

Frank notched an arrow on his bow, pulling his arm back, and aimed.

The strange boy with a goddess in his arms—yeah, weird combination—shouted, "Wait!"

But Frank wasn't aiming at him, not that the boy knew that though. The arrow flew over his head, and a gorgon wailed in pain. Hazel readied her spear, gesturing frantically at the new boy to hurry, while Zara pulled tapped her wrists together, her batons appearing in her hands. They were a nifty magic item, one that she had gotten from her grandfather, Pluto. They could be a dual weapon, or they could be put together and be one long ranged staff, but she much preferred them as two separate things.