05.1

[act five; chapter one     -     last look of love]

She was lying on her stomach on a bed, feeling paralysed. Feeling frozen, like she couldn't move. She could still feel the needle threading thin string in and out of her skin, the amount of pain that it had caused. She was faintly aware of hands on her back and shoulders, holding her down as she cried and cried. Hours later and her back was as bloody as it was when those creatures first attacked her...claws meeting skin, dragging, digging deep, drawing blood...

Percy sat by her head, his arms crossed and resting on the edge of the bed, his chin atop his hands. He was watching her, she knew. She could feel his piercing sea green gaze, sharp and cautious as ever. He hadn't left her side, not once. He had held her hand and whispered quiet nothings in her ear to soothe her, trying to take her mind off of the scars that would forever mark her back, her skin, her body...a permanent reminder of that dark, desolate place.

Her face felt hot and puffy, no doubt from the many tears that she had shed throughout the process. Her arms were stretched out next to her body, practically limp by her sides. Her greasy, dirty hair was going in every direction, messed up even more than before from her trying to escape the pain she felt in every inch of her body.

She sniffled. "Percy."

She felt him shift his body, heard him stand and take the two steps it took for him to be right in front of her, crouching down so he was eye to eye with her. Amethyst met sea green and a wave of serenity washed over her, calming her. He reached up and pushed back her hair, his thumb running gently along her hairline.

He smiled at her, kind and absolutely gorgeous. "Hi Lea." His head tilted to one side, angled so it mirrored hers. Gods, how did she deserve him? "What do you need?"