Ch. 41 - A NOVEL APPROACH

Aphrodite's outfit:

• 💀🖤🐺 •

Chapter Forty-One🎭 A Novel Approach 🎭

Chapter Forty-One
🎭 A Novel Approach 🎭

"I don't think the Dread Doctors are the ones stealing the bodies." Scott said as he and Aphrodite walked down the stairs of the library, "Why do you think that?" Aphrodite asked. "Think about it- they killed Tracy and walked away. They killed Lucas and walked away. Why would they leave and come back to take the bodies?" Scott asked and Aphrodite nodded slightly, "Makes sense. Someone else has to be taking them." She said and Scott nodded. 

"But the bodies aren't just bodies. They're... they're failures." Scott said and Aphrodite glanced at him, "So, if the Chimeras are all failures, what's the success going to be?" She asked and he sighed. "Bad. Probably really bad." He said as they walked up to the doors but they both stopped and looked at each other. 

"You smell it too, right?" She asked and he nodded, "Blood?" He asked and she nodded as they glanced around slightly. "Some kid probably had a nose bleed or something. Come on." Aphrodite said before walking out. 

🎭 

"Sorry, but I'd never even heard of a Kanima until a few days ago. You want me to read this?" Theo said as he and Aphrodite walked down the hall while Theo looked at one of the printed copies of the book. "Not yet. That's Scott's copy and he's still only on chapter one." She said and he glanced at her, "Have you read it yet?" He asked and she shrugged slightly. 

"I've read like half a chapter. It's very boring." She said and he stared at her for a moment, "You guys do this a lot, huh?" He asked making her look at him with raised eyebrows. "Do what?" She asked and he smiled slightly, "Get involved." He said and she nodded with a slight sigh. 

"Well most of the time we tend to be the targets, so we kind of have to get involved. And Scott's too selfless to let others deal with all this." She said and he chuckled and nodded slightly before glancing down at the booklet. "What about the author? If he knew all about these guys, shouldn't we be talking to him?" He asked and she shook her head.