Ch. 69 - AFTER IMAGES

Aphrodite's outfit:

• 💀🖤🐺 •

Chapter Sixty-Nine⚔ After Images ⚔

Chapter Sixty-Nine
After Images

"Here." Liam yelled, making Scott, Lori, Malia and Aphrodite run over to where he was at a tree that had an arrow sticking out of it, on the ground was Brett's phone. "I think he set a trap." Liam said and Aphrodite nodded slightly as she glanced around, "Then he's fighting back." She said. 

"And now we know he's alive." Malia said and Lori walked over and ripped the arrow out the three, "But he's still hurt. We need to find him- he needs to know we're here." She said. She turned around and went to let out a roar but Aphrodite quickly stopped her, "You want the Hunter to know we're here, too?" She asked and Liam shook his head slightly. 

"He's new. We can take him." He said and she sighed and looked at him, "A hunter being new is just dangerous as a hunter with experience. An experienced hunter will play with their hunt, they plan traps. A new hunter will aim to kill the second they see you because that's their best chance." Aphrodite said and Malia nodded in agreement. 

"And what if Brett howls back? He'll lead the Hunter right to him." Malia said and Scott shook his head slightly, "No, we could find him first. There's no human that can track sounds faster than we can, and we're got the advantage. We've done this before. We know what we're doing, guys." Scott said as Liam grabbed the arrow. 

"How come I can't catch his scent?" Malia asked, "He's masking it." Lori said, making Malia sigh. "Can someone tell him not to?" She asked and before anyone could say anything Liam spoke up. "He went this way." Liam said and then he and Lori instantly took off.  

Aphrodite sighed before turning to Malia and Scott, "Does no one else see how dangerous this is? His trap didn't work." Aphrodite said and Scott sighed. "Maybe this Hunter is not such an amateur." Scott said and Malia looked at them, "Or maybe he's learning." 

"The trail's gone." Malia said a few minutes after they caught up to Liam and Lori, "Uh, maybe he just stopped bleeding?" Scott suggested. "I think we should split up. Lori and I go this way, you guys go that way." Liam said, making them look at him, "Or maybe we go in four directions?" Lori said and Malia and Aphrodite shook their heads.