Ch. 47 - THE LAST CHIMERA

Aphrodite's outfit:

• 💀🖤🐺 •

Chapter Forty-Seven🌒 The Last Chimera 🌘

Chapter Forty-Seven
🌒 The Last Chimera 🌘

"What are you talking about?" Deputy Clark asked over the phone and Parrish sighed softly, "I can't say how I know, but Lydia Martin is missing." He said.

"Parrish, you're missing. And some people here are really confused by your behavior, me included..." Clark said and Parrish sighed, "I know, and I'm going to try to explain it... But I need you to find whoever's available-" Parrish said but Clark cuts him off.

"Parrish, no one's available! Do you have any idea what's going on? The high school sign somehow ended up in one of the hallways; the library is completely wrecked; there might be a prehistoric animal running around the streets, and I am starting to seriously consider a transfer." Clark stressed and Parrish sighed and shook his head slightly.

"Okay, listen- I promise, I'm gonna explain what I can later. But right now, I've got to find Lydia." Parrish said as he pulled into the woods, "Parrish-" Clark went to say but Parrish cut her off this time, "I have to find her." He said and hung up before looking over at Aphrodite who sat in the passenger seat.

"So, why did you ask for my help?" Aphrodite asked and he sighed, "I figured you would probably be able to find her better than anyone, given the things you can do." He said and she hummed slightly, "I'll take that as a compliment." She said as she stopped the car.

They looked at each other for a moment before nodding. Parrish reached back to grab a duffel bag from the backseat before they both climbed out the car. After a while of searching they stop for a moment when Parrish's flashlight goes out making Aphrodite take a deep breath, trying to catch a hint of Lydia's scent.

She glanced around for a moment before realization crossed over her features. "Do you have a lighter?" She asked as she turned to Parrish and he shook his head, "All I have is a flare." He said. "Oh, even better. Can I see it?" She asked and he pulled it out and handed it to her, "What are you going to do with it?" He asked as she lit it.