Ch. 74 - GENOTYPE

Aphrodite's outfit:

• 💀🖤🐺 •

Chapter Seventy-Four⚔ Genotype ⚔

Genotype

Malia, Aphrodite and Lydia walk into the hospital morgue and Aphrodite instantly walked over and opened the cubby that contains Halwyn's body in a black body bag. She glanced at Malia and Lydia before unzipping the bag. He looked just as he did when he was shot and killed by Monroe. A large bullet wound is in the center of his head, and his chest is covered in claw gashes from his fight with Liam. 

"Well, it's still here. Still dead. What else were we supposed to do?" Malia asked and Lydia sighed, "Figure out how a Hellhound led me into the woods to find another faceless body while being technically dead." Lydia said and Aphrodite raised her eyebrows. 

"Technically? I'm technically dead but I'm definitely a lot better off than he is." She asked and Lydia nodded, "I don't think I would have been led out there if he was fully dead." Lydia said and Malia made a face as she glanced down at the body. "I don't think we should be hanging out here waiting for him to spring back to life." She said. 

"We don't have to wait if we can figure out how he was able to reach me." Lydia said and Aphrodite raised an eyebrow. "How are we going to do that?" She asked and Lydia looked down at him and shrugged slightly, "We're just going to have to ask him." 

Lydia lays still on a steel autopsy table with her eyes closed and her hands folded over her abdomen. Her head is inches away from Halwyn's in his autopsy cubby. After a moment, Malia, who was crouched down next to the table, peeks her head up by Lydia and Halwyn's heads.

"Anything yet?" She asks, making Lydia's eyes fly open, and she rolls them irritably before she responds in a terse tone of voice. "As opposed to when you asked three minutes ago? No." She said before groaning and standing to her feet. 

"Ugh. It's not working." Lydia said, "Maybe you should touch him?" Malia suggested and Lydia scoffed and rolled her eyes again, "That's ridiculous. There's no way-" She started to say but Malia grabbed her hand and planted it on Halwyn's arm making Aphrodite cringe slightly before standing up from where she sat on a stool.