Chapter 4- The Morning After

Hyunjin woke up cold. He was alone. He stretched out his arm and felt only bedsheets, still warm from Felix's body. He could remember the touches, still feel them on his skin, he remembered cleaning up and crawling into bed beside Felix, breathing softly together in the darkness, both of them unable to believe what they'd done. He remembered waking in the middle of the night and finding their legs tangled, arms wrapped around each other, Felix's breath on his cheek and his hair falling in his eyes, and he remembered thinking nothing he would never be that happy again. Now it was all a cold memory. 
"Felix?" He wasn't really expecting a reply. He was gone. He felt the tears threatening to spill, but damn it if he was gonna let him go that easily. He threw the sheets aside and dropped his feet to the floor, the cold wood shocking him awake.
"Have you seen Felix?" He asked, still buttoning up his shirt as he ran into the kitchen in search of shoes. Minho pointedly ignored him, shovelling in his breakfast with his eyes down. Hyunjin had too much on his plate to worry about this at the moment, but he filed it away for later. Usually when Minho was annoyed, he had a fair reason.
"Are you alright, you look like you've been crying?" Chan asked, pausing with his fork half way to his mouth, his brow furrowing. Hyunjin wiped at his eyes and schooled his face. He didn't have time for this.
"Felix. Seen him or not?" He asked, finally finding his shoes and tugging them on.
"He went to the rehearsal space really early. He wouldn't say why." Hyunjin nodded and was out the door, knowing that more questions would be asked, ones that he couldn't answer. 

Hyunjin paused when he reached the door to the rehearsal room. Through the glass he could see Felix, his body moving to the song, but his face set and determined, almost angry. He tried not to think about how those hips had moved last night, but it was hard when Felix was rolling them looking like a god. He had always thought Felix was a better dance than he gave himself credit for, it seemed natural to him. He had watched him in rehearsals so many times, but had never once been able to openly admire him. Hyunjin swallowed hard and pushed the door open. Felix saw him in the mirror and stopped instantly, a frown appearing on his face. He picked up a towel and dabbed at his face, keeping a good distance between him and Hyunjin. 
"You left me to wake up alone." He said, stepping closer so that Felix would be sure to see the redness in his eyes. He needed him to see how much this hurt. 
"It was better that way. Hyunjin we should never have-" Felix stumbled over his words, backing away until he hit the wall and could move no further. His gaze was darting frantically over Hyunjins face, seemingly unable to look him in the eyes. Hyunjin's hands shook as they cupped Felix's face and turned it to face him.
"But we did, and you can't expect me to forget it. You told me you love me Felix, can you honestly expect me to move on?" Hyunjin ran his thumbs along Felix's cheekbones and saw his eyes flutter shut. So he did mean it, he did feel it. 
"It's better if we're just friends." He sighed, removing Hyunjin's hands from his face, his jaw clenching as if it was an effort to do so. He tried to step out of Hyunjin's way, but the taller boy just took his waist in hand and refused to let go.
"Is this what friends do?!" He snapped, desperate to make Felix see, he pulled open the top of his shirt to reveal the hickies dotted along his neck and collarbone. Felix blushed and bit his lip down hard, seemingly trying to stop himself saying something. "I know you felt it last night, like I did. I can still feel your kisses on my skin Felix, no friend should know the sound you make when you come, or the face you make when you're coming down from an orgasm. You gave me everything you had and it was... extraordinary. You are extraordinary."
Felix had gone a bright red shade but he was finally looking at Hyunjin, his eyes alight. His hand's hesitantly landed on Hyunjin's hips and pulled him closer, their bodies lining up completely. He tilted his head up to catch Hyunjin's lips in a tender kiss, that felt almost scared. "I can't go back to being friends after that Felix. I love you. Don't make me give you up." Hyunjin whispered, his fingers running along Felix's bare arms in reverence, up to his neck and through his hair. Felix sighed heavily and Hyunjin saw the resolve go out of him. He grinned.
"I was trying to be strong. I don't want to go back to that either. I want you." Felix said, melting into Hyunjin's body, his arms sliding all the way around him and pulling him as close as was possible.
"You've got me." Hyunjin smirked, planting a kiss on Felix's neck and breathing him in deeply. "No matter what happens, you've got me."