Chapter 33- The End

"God. I did not need to hear you two last night." Changbin groaned when Hyunjin and Felix stumbled into the kitchen and sat down for breakfast the next morning. Felix grinned subtly at the way Hyunjin shifted in his seat, trying to find a way to sit that didn't sting. 
"We should really look into soundproofing your room." Jisung laughed, and Hyunjin shot him a look and grinned wickedly. 
"Oh Minho." He moaned, imitating what he an Felix had heard a night before. Jisung's cheeks went bright pink. "Right there baby. Don't stop!" Jisung waved his frantically for Hyunjin to stop, and both Changbin and Seungmin cracked up. When Minho joined them in the kitchen they all fell silent fast however. 
"I think the point is made." Felix chuckled, and Jisung looked down at his plate in embarrassment. Minho came up behind him and slung his arms over the boy's shoulders, kissing his cheek and whispering something that made him smile again. Felix was glad they'd finally got together; they were happy finally. 
Felix ran his foot up Hyunjin's leg under the table and saw him smile, just the simplest of touches meaning the world to both of them. 
"So, free day. Any plans?" Jeongin asked, directing this pointedly at Chan, who was still finding a way to work at his laptop while he ate. He responded with a non-committal hum and Minho shut his laptop, making him pay attention.
"Day off. Stop working. You need a break." He sighed, everyone saw how tired he looked, how busy he was, how he skipped meals more than he should. 
"You're coming with us to the park. No arguments." Changbin said, laying out the plans for the day. Everyone had apparently agreed in advance to this, but Felix hadn't heard about it. He was about to start feeling offended when Hyunjin took his hand and murmured; "I'm taking you somewhere today, it was a surprise."

*************

"This place is very fancy." Felix said, looking around at the cafe they had entered, all pastels and bright ornaments, a cake counter lining one wall and the overpowering smell of coffee filling his nose. He breathed it in as Hyunjin muttered to the attendant and got some sort of muffled response back. Felix was feeling weirdly nervous. Something about the shakiness of Hyunjin's voice when he said; "Our tables over here." and directed them out the back of the place to a courtyard. Ivy lined the walls and there were flowers blooming in every nook. That's when Felix noticed that, apart from their table in the centre, laid already with cakes and coffee, no others were set and the courtyard was empty. 
Hyunjin pulled out his seat and he sat down with a confused furrow of his brow, watching his boyfriend's shaking hands. They got through the first half an hour pleasantly, eating half of the food and chatting lightly, and Felix was glad to see Hyunjin relax a little, though he still had no idea why he was nervous to begin with. 
When they reached the second layer of the cake stand, Felix noticed the box. A very small, round white box had been hidden among the pastries, and from the way Hyunjin was looking at it, he knew what it was. Felix's head began to feel light.
"Lix... Did you mean what you said in that interview?" Hyunjin asked, his voice quieter and more unsure than Felix had ever heard it. Somehow he knew exactly what Hyunjin was talking about though; it was all beginning to make sense now. But there was a part of him that just couldn't process it.
"Yes. Of course."
"That's a relief." Hyunjin retrieved the box and opened it to reveal a thin, silver band etched with delicate patters. Felix could only stare as he got up from his seat and dropped down on one knee. "Because I've been thinking about it. And I really want to marry you. I know we can't technically marry here, but we could go to Australia; see your family, invite everyone, you could wear white and me wear black; i think you'd look gorgeous in white. And - I mean, it's only If you want to, obviously. If you think it's too soon-" 
Felix laughed and Hyunjin stopped his panicked rambling abruptly, his expression unreadable. "You're such an idiot." Felix grinned, taking the ring out of the box and sliding it onto his finger before throwing himself into Hyunjin's arms. "Of course I'll marry you." He whispered into the soft black hair that tickled his nose. He drew back and saw tears shining in Hyunjin's eyes. "Did you really think, for one moment, that I would say no?"
He kissed Hyunjin. It was a kiss he would never forget, a kiss that would be etched into his heart and mind forever, a kiss that seemed to last forever. Hyunjin's lips were soft and perfect under his, the sigh that escaped his lips was music to his ears, the feel of his shirt under Felix's fingertips was silky and warm, as he gripped on for dear life. 
Even when he was old and long past the days of beauty and grace, long past being fit and lithe and able to leap into Hyunjin's arms and kiss until they were breathless, when they were both tired and achy and did little of anything other than sitting and talking together, this kiss would play in the back of his mind and he would feel young again.
Hyunjin in his arms. No-one else around. Perfect.