Chapter 12- Territory

When Felix woke he found they had not moved all night: Hyunjin's face was still pressed against his chest, arms thrown over his body, legs tangled together. One day the novelty would wear off, he was sure, and he would get used to waking up next to this every morning, but for now it was like a new miracle every time. 
They had nowhere to be today, and nothing to do, so Felix let Hyunjin sleep. He slid carefully out of his boyfriends arms and was about to get off the bed when he noticed the marks. It had been dark by the time he and Hyunjin had finished last night, and he hadn't seen them, but now with the sun pouring through the curtains, they were clear. Bands of raw, red flesh on the outside of Hyunjin's wrists, where the belt must have damaged the skin. Felix gasped, almost afraid to move for a moment; afraid of what he'd done. He peeled back the sheets covering Hyunjin and the horror worsened; he let out a quiet cry and his hand flew to his mouth when he saw the bruises forming on both sides of Hyunjin's neck, turning his flawless skin red and purple. 
"Baby? What's wrong?" Hyunjin sighed, opening his sleepy eyes at the sound of Felix's sniffles. He couldn't stop the tears building, seeing what he'd done. Hyunjin reached for Felix but he scampered back, unable to face his boyfriend.
"I hurt you, why didn't you tell me Hyunjin!" Felix cried, his head in his hands. He glanced across to see Hyunjin staring at his own wrists as if he didn't recognise them. He turned them over and examined the marks, running his fingers along them with - was that a smile?!
"Oh." Was all he said. He seemed entranced by the marks, not at all how Felix imagined he would react. Felix was both concerned and confused now.
"I can't believe I did that to you. And your neck-" Felix cut off the words with a hitch in his throat. Hyunjin touched his neck and frowned in confusion. He grabbed the mirror from his dresser and gasped when he saw it. It was not the sound of disgust or horror though, Felix couldn't understand, but it sounded like a gasp of awe. "See!" Felix burst into a new batch of tears only this time Hyunjin grabbed him by force and pulled him closer, kissing his cheek reverently and running a hand up and down his back to soothe him.
"It looks worse than it is, baby. I didn't even notice it last night." He whispered, taking Felix's chin in his fingers and turning his tear-stained face to him. "Felix, you made me feel amazing, and you took care of me. I wanted this, don't feel guilty for something that I loved."
"But-" Hyunjin cut him off with a chaste kiss.
"Stop. Look at me. I. Loved. It." Felix's gaze travelled up his neck and along the redness there, and for the first time that morning, he saw Hyunjin smile and thought maybe it was real. Maybe he really did love it. "And for me to have these... I'll wear them with pride because its a reminder of what we did and how you made me feel. Seriously Felix, I've never come so hard in my life, i'm not making this up." Hyunjin chuckled lightly and pulled Felix onto him, laying back on the bed so that his boyfriend was between his legs again. Felix laid down completely, his head over Hyunjin's beating heart.
"You're sure it doesn't hurt?" He whispered, running his fingers over the marks on Hyunjin's closest wrist.
"It aches a little, but it's nothing I can't handle. And this -" He pointed to his neck. "-it'll go away by tonight." Felix could hear the steady beating of Hyunjin's heart and he could feel that deep down everything Hyunjin said was true. He had underestimated his kinkiness it seemed. "I promise you, you did everything I wanted, and i'm not so fragile believe it or not."
Felix kissed Hyunjin's bare chest and smiled softly, allowing himself to believe Hyunjin and to relax with the thought that his boyfriend loved him so much he even cherished the pain. "I had an amazing time too. It was my first time on top." 
Felix felt a small laugh go through Hyunjin. "You could've fooled me." He sighed, running his fingers through Felix's hair. 

"Woah Hyunjin! Someone really marked their territory huh?" Changbin laughed when they entered the Kitchen, Hyunjin wearing a tank top that didn't even attempt to his the marks on his skin. Felix knew he was blushing profusely and was utterly abashed, but Hyunjin had a collected, cool expression when he turned to Changbin and said: "Yes, he did."
Both Felix and Hyunjin got many a pat on the back and strange congratulations of their night together, and though Hyunjin's neck and wrists were heavily remarked upon, every time he responded his eyes shone with pride and his voice carried the weight of someone not to be argued with. Felix couldn't understand it, but he certainly did love it.